Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

@MobileCrusader
Yeah, by the time the official translation catches up I'll have lost interest and probably forgotten too many names to make it worth the effort to pick back up.

Group Leader
@Bentenmaru in 2020 😥 We currently at volume 4. Vol. 2 english out in 2020/08/25. Gab between each volume release was around 3 months. So volume 4 english expected to release on February 2021 😭

Fucking hell, all the English translated chapter has been removed. Great move to invite people to other pirated manga websites.

Dex-chan lover
Wow they actually deleted all the English translated chapters.

That's a really stupid thing to do. Actually cannot understand the logic behind it. Be it as a form of support, a form of spite, or anything inbetween, it just falls flat from every angle you view it.

@freezee They did it because if mangadex leaves translated chapters up when there is an official translation they could get in trouble and they don't want that.

Aggregator gang
@Bsreads Bullsh*t. There are plenty of series that have an official english release that has fan translated chapters still on the site. It's just the fan translator usually stops doing translations once an official translation is announced but the fan translations would usually be left untouched.

Dex-chan lover
@Bsreads

If the numerous other aggregators didn't exist, that would hold ground. Because of their existence however, there is no reason to do so. I should point out those aggregators host several scans of actual official license translated material to boot.

Has any group seriously gotten in trouble for scanlating things that were previously unlicensed? No. Not even the scummiest groups out there faced any retribution unless they continued afterward. And even then, that really didn't stop anything.

To my knowledge, a lot of DMCA takedown requests were not pursued further for sites hosting various works. I recall Mangadex here ignores most or all of them, because the translations here are works by groups of people/ fans, and that work is not owned by license holders or even the original manga/manhwa creators. This is the legal gray area of scanlations to my understanding. I assume a portion of takedown requests are bogus too.

Double-page supporter
where does seven seas actually sell stuff since they just seem to license a lot but I havent seen their stuff around is it only the states or something pointless like that

Fed-Kun's army
Seriously, removing your chapters here just means people will go to the other, shittier aggregators instead of this one. It's stupid and you should feel stupid for doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread