Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 67.1

I just searched for spoilers to see how the relationship between Demon King and Shiro will develop (I ship them since they're cute together) and

I now know the Light Novel ending and fucking damn that's shit. And the WN is apparently dropped? Well, the story was fun but if the manga follows the LN, I might as well drop it now.

thanks for the chapter.
the WN is also finished but with a different ending. but yea the LN ending is regarded as rushed and subpar. though I'm hoping the manga will have a different ending from both LN and WN. and you're not alone in shipping them, it's like the most popular ship in here along with shun/katia(though they haven't appeared in the manga lol)

Dex-chan lover
If i recall this is like volume the end of volume 4 of the LN and the start of volume 5 (total is 16 volumes), though the manga so far has skipped half the story leading up to this part in the manga. spoiler
whats going on with the other students that also got blown and reborn in this world, which covers quite a bit of the world building.
Does the other students part even get interesting? I read ahead in the wiki and I just don't care about the other kids, I just care about the spider

Does the other students part even get interesting? I read ahead in the wiki and I just don't care about the other kids, I just care about the spider
the only interesting characters aside from MCs group aren't even her other classmates themselves
The Stereotypical Isekai MC dude's older brother is the hero White met on the battlefield while fighting Ariel and his story is incredible, he has an entire volume dedicated to his life. there's also the old man that went crazy when he saw her magic skills in the labyrinth who is really interesting. aside from that, it's just basic isekai dude with a harem. the only interesting thing is that one of the girls is his genderbent best friend and it's hinted that he had feelings for the fake MC even before reincarnating

Dex-chan lover

It's interesting in that it fleshed out the world quite a bit. There's a lot of nuances in System, the alliances, the major power players, the mysterious history of the planet, etc, which gets touched on that works very well with the story later on. But it's not too essential I guess. The kids aren't important, they're just plot devices to convey all of the above.

Reading the wiki or whatever is fine....but I think the obvious answer is always going to be "it's better if you read it from the story".

On a different unrelated topic, I realized that this chapter doesn't emphasize that Shiro is not only now weaker than she was before. She's actually weaker than a "normal" human in this world, as even common people have stats, though most lack skills.

Dex-chan lover
If i recall this is like volume the end of volume 4 of the LN and the start of volume 5 (total is 16 volumes), though the manga so far has skipped half the story leading up to this part in the manga. spoiler
whats going on with the other students that also got blown and reborn in this world, which covers quite a bit of the world building.
I checked it.
It was at the End of LN Vol.7 actually.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
and finaly she is a god
lets see how the manga continues

Dex-chan lover
So let's see if I got this right:

Saria - Main Creator God
Guli - Lesser God, in charge of Dragonkind
Ariel - Saria's Pet Spider turned Divine Beast turned Demon Lord
Real Wakaba - Temporary God and currently running the world system since Saria is out of commission
Shiro - New Lesser God, in charge of Spiderkind

:thonk:
Not quite. It's quite spoilerific though, so not a good idea to read if you don't want heavy spoilers.

Sariel: Angel/Guardian God. She is not the creator, but the last remaining angel on that planet. As to who the creator is (if any) and what happened to the other angels, it's never openly stated.

Guli: Mostly right, though his charge is the system; the (fake) dragonkind was created by him.

Ariel: Potimas' biological daughter (the means of her birth are unknown), which as all of his other children was used as an experimental subject in search of inmortality. She is a human/spider chimera, and her blood was poisonous to herself prior to the system.

Wakaba: Not a temporary god, but the most powerful one in the entire story if we don't count Meido. As she created the system, she can do whatever she wants with it.

Shiraori: Her only charge is to save the world, the means entirely up to herself. She is not allowed to just escape.

Dex-chan lover
She sure didn't stay in her Drider form that long did she... Was it this quick in the LN? Where are we in terms of the overall story anyway? I don't know the status or if it's still going...
The original was lightning fast. Like half of this time. Author rightly realized that made the drider pointless, so we have the current situation.

So the LN is like the anime where it flip flops between perspectives?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Repeating things like what ? Shun's story ? Wait, it was skipped.
we got a whole volume about the hero, Shun’s brother, which didn’t really add anything. We also had quite a bit repeating content about the demon attack, another volume on that that barely added anything new. So I can see most of these volumes will be skipped in order to focus on Shiro and actually progress the story.

Dex-chan lover
imo no, they have a part to fill in the story but if you don’t find them interesting since before you won’t change your mind later. If anything I felt more infuriating about Shun.

Dex-chan lover
So the LN is like the anime we’re it flip flops between perspectives?
Yes. The LN swaps between them like in the anime, just more frequently. After Shiro and the gang start travelling together it’s only focused on them until they actually reach the same spot during the invasion where it ended. After that it starts to swap between them again.

Users who are viewing this thread