Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 67.1

Fed-Kun's army
Man, what a shame. Feels like every time with this "I reincarnated as [non-human]?!" type of isekai, they eventually get a human form and then the title and main gimmick of the story becomes an afterthought. Happened with slime, happened with this, I don't really like it. At least with this one, the spider part of things was way more interesting and it took a long time for her to even become an arachne, where she even still had her spider head coming out of where her crotch would be. There's another manga, Reincarnated as a Dragon Egg, where I feel like the seeds for the dragon mc to get a human form have already been planted, and every time it just kinda sucks. What's the point of always giving the monster mc a human form? I was interested before, but whenever they get a human form, it usually just becomes boring to me. They just become an evil/morally grey human, dressed in clothing that's themed around their former monster body. Maybe it's less common than I think, but I feel like every time, that happens. That meme vending machine isekai, I bet it happened. I don't know, but it feels like every time there's an isekai with a gimmick around the reincarnation, the gimmick gets dropped and the mc just becomes a regular, OP human.

To me the best jokes in the series come from when she's human. Everybody outside of the main group thinks she's a powerless human that needs to be protected xD

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Not sure
If i recall this is like volume the end of volume 4 of the LN and the start of volume 5 (total is 16 volumes), though the manga so far has skipped half the story leading up to this part in the manga. spoiler
whats going on with the other students that also got blown and reborn in this world, which covers quite a bit of the world building.
If others replied by now, but you're wrong, this is around the end of volume 7.

Double-page supporter
Shiro-chan has become Kanade in full. Now all she needs is to learn how to write music

Fed-Kun's army
Oof, this Chapter was rough. I really was holding out hope for an isekai that stays pure, but a Level Reset? That's a very bad sign in my book, like the creators painted themselves into a corner and don't know where to go from there. From here on out, I get the feeling things will get random.... Plz let me be wrong about stuff like this for once :'(
I could tell you if you explain what do you mean by random.

Fed-Kun's army
I've watched the anime and obviously read the manga up to this chapter. The cadence is killing it for me a little so I'm thinking about jumping to the LN. Am I good picking it up from Vol.8 or Vol.1? Will I be missing a lot if I start from Vol.8?
Yes, context and skipped stuff as the LN switches points.

Fed-Kun's army
I still wonder why they did that. I didn't watch the anime but I know it includes the students. Did they just want to prevent it from being convoluted or is it because a lot of people dislike side character stories in manga like this?
They switched back and forth, you don't realize the student part is in the future, and now they have MC spider go all the way from her point until they meet again at the same point by like volume 14 I believe (could be wrong) so it confuses some ppl.

Fed-Kun's army
Yes, but we had no reason to care about that, because Shun and everyone around him is an absolute bore. The only thing great about this series is the funny spider surviving. If we wanted a more complex actually interesting plot we'd go to Reincarnated as a Slime, Frieren, or Dungeon Meshi (soon!)
Slime? Complex??? Sorry but I doubt it, and I've read ti around LN 20 or more from Fan TL when there aren't normal TLs

Fed-Kun's army
Man, what a shame. Feels like every time with this "I reincarnated as [non-human]?!" type of isekai, they eventually get a human form and then the title and main gimmick of the story becomes an afterthought. Happened with slime, happened with this, I don't really like it. At least with this one, the spider part of things was way more interesting and it took a long time for her to even become an arachne, where she even still had her spider head coming out of where her crotch would be. There's another manga, Reincarnated as a Dragon Egg, where I feel like the seeds for the dragon mc to get a human form have already been planted, and every time it just kinda sucks. What's the point of always giving the monster mc a human form? I was interested before, but whenever they get a human form, it usually just becomes boring to me. They just become an evil/morally grey human, dressed in clothing that's themed around their former monster body. Maybe it's less common than I think, but I feel like every time, that happens. That meme vending machine isekai, I bet it happened. I don't know, but it feels like every time there's an isekai with a gimmick around the reincarnation, the gimmick gets dropped and the mc just becomes a regular, OP human.
Or they were already human 😆, that said as stated on another comment, when she learns how to use her powers she can switch back and forth, then again, it's the same with slime...

Dex-chan lover
All the moaning, the story is literally just starting now, everything up until this point was prelude
WN actually semi kept the Arachne form, and let her transform, but the LN cut that entirely

Dex-chan lover
Manga skipped a lot of LN and if it continues to do so the story will be pretty bad.
All the moaning, the story is literally just starting now, everything up until this point was prelude
WN actually semi kept the Arachne form, and let her transform, but the LN cut that entirely
She can still turn into arachna in LN, it's just that she does it like two or three times.

Users who are viewing this thread