Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 67.1

Supporter
I'm wondering if the manga will proceed chronologically and introduce the other half of the story as they grow up along with Shiro's actions contemporaneously, instead of how the anime / novels went with it being split.

Dex-chan lover
Shun's story ? Wait, it was skipped
Those were part of the manga tankoubons that runs parallel to the current main story, but actually set 10years later.

Granma spider, mama spider and baby bloodsucker's family is the most wholesome thing out of this series.

Group Leader
Page 13 lower left, she's making the Columbia Pictures pose and it's the Columbia logo (in katakana). Columbia was a goddess Americans created to represent the country (lol) a couple hundred years ago.

I've watched the anime and obviously read the manga up to this chapter. The cadence is killing it for me a little so I'm thinking about jumping to the LN. Am I good picking it up from Vol.8 or Vol.1? Will I be missing a lot if I start from Vol.8?

Dex-chan lover
I've watched the anime and obviously read the manga up to this chapter. The cadence is killing it for me a little so I'm thinking about jumping to the LN. Am I good picking it up from Vol.8 or Vol.1? Will I be missing a lot if I start from Vol.8?
You will be missing all the otner point of views parts, it has quite some, besides ofc shun from anime there is also from other side characters, but if you dont care about them yeah go with vol 8.

I just searched for spoilers to see how the relationship between Demon King and Shiro will develop (I ship them since they're cute together because I forgot they are related! That's on me lol, sorry for being dumb) and

I now know the Light Novel ending and fucking damn that's shit. And the WN is apparently dropped? Well, the story was fun but if the manga follows the LN, I might as well drop it now.

thanks for the chapter.
I don't know how much of the ending you know, but it wasn't bad. It's not a masterpiece, but it's very competent and faithful to the established rules.
I dare say that the author was honest with us readers by not prolonging a story whose charm ended when all the mysteries were revealed.

Dex-chan lover
imo no, they have a part to fill in the story but if you don’t find them interesting since before you won’t change your mind later. If anything I felt more infuriating about Shun.
straight to the point, thanks!

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter! i was worried the mc was turned human, but at least she wont be useless forever.

Dex-chan lover
If i recall this is like volume the end of volume 4 of the LN and the start of volume 5 (total is 16 volumes), though the manga so far has skipped half the story leading up to this part in the manga. spoiler
whats going on with the other students that also got blown and reborn in this world, which covers quite a bit of the world building.
I still wonder why they did that. I didn't watch the anime but I know it includes the students. Did they just want to prevent it from being convoluted or is it because a lot of people dislike side character stories in manga like this?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like most manga readers will start to drop this around this point. If i didn't read the LN i would probably have dropped the manga in the next chapter or two.

Group Leader
I still wonder why they did that. I didn't watch the anime but I know it includes the students. Did they just want to prevent it from being convoluted or is it because a lot of people dislike side character stories in manga like this?
I showed the anime for my Friday anime group. Everybody absolutely loved the first half of the anime, which was centered on spiderko.

Then we all absolutely hated the second half of the anime, which was mostly centered on the school students, who were the most generic isekai characters I have ever seen. We could not give even a single f@#$ about any of them, just wanted them to be dead and gone to get back to spiderko. There was not a single thing interesting about them at all. Alas, it was not to be, just the occasional spiderko appearance to keep stringing us along.

So yes, I think the manga was trying to avoid that. I know the LN had the students and the anime was just following that, but it was complete shite - the manga made the right decision.

TL;Dr everybody but Ariel and spiderko in this series sucks, just focus on them.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I showed the anime for my Friday anime group. Everybody absolutely loved the first half of the anime, which was centered on spiderko.

Then we all absolutely hated the second half of the anime, which was mostly centered on the school students, who were the most generic isekai characters I have ever seen. We could not give even a single f@#$ about any of them, just wanted them to be dead and gone to get back to spiderko. There was not a single thing interesting about them at all. Alas, it was not to be, just the occasional spiderko appearance to keep stringing us along.

So yes, I think the manga was trying to avoid that. I know the LN had the students and the anime was just following that, but it was complete shite - the manga made the right decision.

TL;Dr everybody but Ariel and spiderko in this series sucks, just focus on them.

The flashforward makes you understand that the main character is also the main antagonist of Shun's story. It makes the story much more complex than just a funny spider that tries to survive.

Users who are viewing this thread