Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 67.2

Fed-Kun's army
They already cut too much, it's on the level of "Why even put a not so important story of a side character" when we haven't even seen who i would call a second main character due to how much was cut.

Well you're obviously right, but without that sidestory, the main one becomes really empty... And I'm a huge fan of useless White.

Dex-chan lover
It is actually more fuck up but for time constraints they didn't told the whole story.

She knew since the very beginning that the elves were also kidnapping and/or killing their parents but she coped by saying that those weren't their real parents so she was actually doing them a favor ('cuz the could end up forgetting their own parents and japanese life in general).

Oka in general used her role as teacher as anchor to cope with been isekai.
It was her duty as teacher and as the only ADULT (her own words) to save them from this world even if they didn't like it. Because as the only adult she knew what was better than for them.

Yep, that is true. No matter how noble she think her action is, she basically robbed her student which have a chance to grow.

She freak out so much that her actions affecting the student new lives.

Her superiority/savior complex is unbearable.

Dex-chan lover
she has to relearn everything
Maybe rediscover more accurate with her?
I half remember that for other just by reciting the spell, pour the require mana, the system take care the rest, but for Shiro even if she didnt need to recite the spell she still need to control the precise mana movement n output n then still need to control the output-ed mana to achieve the intended result?
Maybe something like for other they just need to reload the pistol n pull the trigger to shoot it, but Shiro need to take a few step back starting from both assembling the ammo with the correct weight gunpowder n the pistol with the correct part for it n then after all that just she can skip that part back to just reload the pistol n pull the trigger to shoot it?

Well if she didn't do something 10 of them would have died in the first 3 years (and when she actually started to move, one of them was already dead)... or would have been sold as slave by their parents.
I mean if that's good or bad depends on how you see it.
The n%I=W is what binds them to the System for this life but is also they way back to Earth.
If the students die, the skill will send their souls back to Japan to be reborn again (if I remember correctly they would also retain their memories again just for this time).

Fed-Kun's army

Yep, that is true. No matter how noble she think her action is, she basically robbed her student which have a chance to grow.

She freak out so much that her actions affecting the student new lives.

Her superiority/savior complex is unbearable.

Disagree. Her motives are genuine in a world far more dangerous than the one they left. I mean... what's the probability for a child to die the day they born in a medieval area ?

Fed-Kun's army
I mean if that's good or bad depends on how you see it.
The n%I=W is what binds them to the System for this life but is also they way back to Earth.
If the students die, the skill will send their souls back to Japan to be reborn again (if I remember correctly they would also retain their memories again just for this time).

Uh... no they are released in the reincarnation system with no memory of what happened in their previous lives. If they go back to earth is just a question of luck.

Fed-Kun's army
I half remember that for other just by reciting the spell, pour the require mana, the system take care the rest, but for Shiro even if she didnt need to recite the spell she still need to control the precise mana movement n output n then still need to control the output-ed mana to achieve the intended result?
Maybe something like for other they just need to reload the pistol n pull the trigger to shoot it, but Shiro need to take a few step back starting from both assembling the ammo with the correct weight gunpowder n the pistol with the correct part for it n then after all that just she can skip that part back to just reload the pistol n pull the trigger to shoot it?

And she has to do this for everything. Including her resistance physical damage... and her resistance to her own punch (so if she has too much strength but no defense, she'll just destroy her arm in the process).

Yes, but not exactly.
Wands, staffs or chants aren't really required to cast a spell.
Students or novice magic usually use them as support to visualize better where they need to move the Magic Energy.
The same with chants, those are used to give a mental idea of the magic they want to use.

I think one of the few times we actually saw people using chants in the novel was in the UFO Crisis.
My bad, it was during Elf Village Attack

Dex-chan lover
damn an entire two year time skip?? and shiro hasnt improved as all?

Fed-Kun's army
The Light Novel takes some time to explain how magic works in this world... and how far outdated it is thanks to our main character XD

Aggregator gang
I don't even understand why she needs any time to recover much of her power in the first place. I can understand encountering difficulties with activating active powers, if the system changed entirely for her, but shouldn't he body be tougher and stronger than ever? That is, her passive powers should be better. Instead she's like a level 0 human. What kind of level up is that supposed to be? Hah. A two years time skip, and she hasn't seemingly discovered anything about her deity powers. Quite a joke upgrade.
•My theory ahead, read at your own risk in the case it turns out to be true•

Good question, in which made me think for a while.
In the first place, what if our concept of God and D's concept of God are different ? As in, being freed from the System makes you a God, not being bound nor manipulated by it ? Such theory came to me because perhaps being bound to the System is like "Mana" from Cross Ange, and becoming a "Norm" free you from such control, the price being losing the powers you had from it.

Double-page supporter
Ah, here comes our boi Wrath. Anime didn't go much into his background besides the quick 30sec flashback. How old is he at this point? Is he still an orge or does he look more human? And I assume that little elf was their teacher (pigtails and a worried expression). That panel of her being grabbed by the head on page 12 is funny looking, lmao.

Ah, here comes our boi Wrath. Anime didn't go much into his background besides the quick 30sec flashback. How old is he at this point? Is he still an orge or does he look more human? And I assume that little elf was their teacher (pigtails and a worried expression). That panel of her being grabbed by the head on page 12 is funny looking, lmao.

Wrath (Real name is Razu-Razu) should be a little younger than Shiro.
All the student were brought at the same time but the time they needed to be born depended from the species. Goblins (Wrath's original species) pregnancy cycle take 6 months.
TTvPnRO.jpg

At this point Wrath is an Ogre King, and won't regain his human appearance until he reach the Oni evolution.
Monster students go back to exactly how they looked in Japan after reaching the humanoid evolution.... with only one exception

In the Web Novel when Kumoko becomes Aracne she mention that while her body is identical to how she was in Japan, her facial features aren't. Kumoko been Ariel's granddaughter means she inherited some of Ariel's genetics, so her face ended been a combination between Wakaba Hiiro and Ariel.
Kumoko didn't recover her full original appearance until she became Shiro (the God/Administrator).
This didn't happen to Wrath 'cuz he doesn't had any ancestor's DNA to pull... Also, Fei doesn't exist in the Web Novel.

I guess they decided to ignore this in the Light Novel because it would be confusing to give Kumoko so many different designs.

Dex-chan lover
That's fine really. It's just that people nowadays want to understand everything that's going on right away. They probably feel insecure when they don't. For me, it's fine, I smell something wrong happening in this scene, something mysterious and I expect to understand what was going on later. Some other mangas are like this, Tengoku Daimakyou for instance, and it can be quite entertaining when done right.
Some like you who have no problem with it is totally fine, as it can also mean you can get a unique experience different from the novel and anime, I'm just pointing out that in term of context for the story overall, we are essentially missing like half of what should have been there for us to make head or tail of what's going on to begin with.

And maybe it's just me, the multiple pov thing with the novel is just really cool as you can see the story between Shiro and the others being completely separated and unrelated with one another, until it slowly connecting together and the process of you theorizing and figuring it out on your own before they actually meet and interact is what make it fun to me.

Double-page supporter
Yeah this is where this adaptations approach of only adapting chapters told from Kumoko's perspective is really going to hurt it also means we're about to see Best Boy's whole arc skipped until the very end.

If she's this weak after a 2 year time skip, I guess the "future" portion of the story could have her relatively weak, unexpectedly?
No spoilers please, it's not really a question, more of an observation.

Dex-chan lover
so basically , now this manga 's name is :
- vampire guy : so im a harem king , so what ? im travelling together , and sleep together in the same hotel-room with 7 girls : 1 weak goddess girl , 1 demon queen girl , 1 l0li vampire girl , and 4 spider-puppet girls .

for 2 years , kumoko did not do nothing ? how about training her body and muscles to reach peak human condition ?

page 5 :
at the start of chapter 62.1 , 30 % of the porcelain(?) body of spider-puppet sael is destroyed .

then at the start of chapter 63.2 , kumoko can easily create new porcelain arms and parts , and fix the body of sael .
but for some unknown reasons , kumoko can not create a new fake right eye for sael , so sael is covering her empty eye-hole with an eye-patch .

and now , kumoko has lost her powers for 2 years , so she can not create a new fake eye for sael anymore .

page 9 :
  • vampire girl : im still a little child , please dont mention "bed" and "love-making" in front of me .
  • a few pages later , vampire girl says : im still a little child , but i will eff-ing kill all of you eff-ing elfs . the F***-ing elfs , I... I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead... every single one of them. And not just the men. But the women... and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I HATE THEM , the elfs .

i watched the anime , so i know the real identity of the small elf girl , her name is ...

... Filimos Harrifenas , 1 of the reborners , and the sensei of vampire girl in the previous life .

elf girl calls vampire girl with her previous name : " Negishi Shouko-chan " .

- elf girl : come with me if you want to live ( quote of terminator ) . i will put you in a nice , good , comfort , golden cage . and i will feed you with expensive , good foods . You should be grateful ( quote of thanos ) .

page 16 :
elf girl is more shorter than vampire girl .
the reason is : the reborners were reborned at the same time , so they have the same age in this isekai , but an elf grows differently than an human/vampire does .

page 12 :
and then an adult elf grabs the head of elf girl .
well , it could be worse , he could grab and pull her 2 twin-tails , lol .

page 15 :
1 panel is probably a parody of the ancient game "rockman 1" .

Dex-chan lover
Everyone keeps remarking about how helpless Shiro is now.

Just think about it this way.

You spend years honing your skills in your mother's basement as a gamer and become a master of using sequences of buttons and joystick moves to unleash all kinds of intense combo sequences on the screen, and then.... POOF!

You are now in the world of the game without the lifetime's worth of training and conditioning required to enact those skills in real life!

yup u are F'd my weeb friends! :wooow:

Users who are viewing this thread