Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 70.2

Dex-chan lover
Man, I just cannot care at all about the story anymore. I much prefer her as a cute spider, trying to survive. The current plot I just do not care enough about to actually remember what's going on, and the art style for the humans just is not appealing at all to me.

Too bad, such a great and fun start, and just not worth even following anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, is the world being destroyed because of overpopulation or something? Why would so many people need to die to save the world, if that's not the case? :thonk:
I forget if it’s been mentioned yet (It should have been since Kumoko reached Taboo 10 & became a god) so I’ll put this in spoilers

In short, the world has a shortage of MA Energy, which is what the system and all the skills and titles run on. If there’s no more MA Energy the planet is going to explode, and the only way to generate enough MA Energy to keep things going is to kill a LOT of people so that the MA energy that they’re keeping tied up in their titles and skills gets infused back into the world.

There’s a LOT more than that, but IDR if it’s been discussed in Manga yet.

Dex-chan lover
"It should've been me who got her headpat! Not him!"

yvF5vSr.jpeg

Fed-Kun's army
Always feels a bit weird coming back and needing to give myself a rough refresher on the plot, but damn. In this chapter, Shiro's shown signs of regaining access to her skills (albeit very briefly), Ariel's playfully taunting potential enemies, the vampire loli's still level 1, and we finally got another "Nai wa"!
Thanks for the translations so far, even if it takes a very long time to get a full chapter to read!

Dex-chan lover
Man, I just cannot care at all about the story anymore. I much prefer her as a cute spider, trying to survive. The current plot I just do not care enough about to actually remember what's going on, and the art style for the humans just is not appealing at all to me.

This is why I prefer the WN over the LN, they added a bunch of meh filler to make it different from the free WN. A thing many LN suffer from

Go read the light novel, there will be other POVs but if you want the manga experience you can just skip them all.

Dex-chan lover
I can’t wait for her to go a leisurely walk, and then kid Ms. Oka suddenly grabs her from behind through a portal.

But Sophia goes “Let go, you filthy Elf! ICE BEAM!”

And the attack goes through the portal, practically freeze killing all nearby elves besides Oka!
That already happened. I forgot wich chapter.
Yeah, that was in Ch 67

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
its insane how much this fell off as ssoon as she turned half human
No it just skips half the story. It wasn't noticeable before because half the story was in a different timeline. But after Sophia's introduction and them starting to travelling together half the story was from Ariels/Mera/Sophia's point of view in their travels but those PoVs where just cut away. This and the next two volumes was the best ones in the entire light novel series but it will probably fall flat in the manga.

Supporter

It'll probably get better?
Depends on how the manga deals with the stories from other people's pov's and the parts that happen in the human kingdoms

Users who are viewing this thread