Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Daily Life of the Four Spider Sisters

@a27wolf
i wish more effort would be spent on releasing the main manga more frequently than this crap
different artist, so probably had little to no impact on main series,,

mann you know what would be awesome? a side story / perspective from different reincarnations, since half of the LN is filled with it anyway

@Sevens mentally the separated when she tried to use a mental attack on
mother
, and
physically they separated when she started making kin using a skill and realized that she could transfer her consciousness to them
. Still reaching that second one in the web-novel personally though, so I don't know if it's slightly different in that one. The event that I am at in the light novel happened after that point in the web-novel though, so they may have cut it.

Aggregator gang
@a27wolf Man why ya saying shit like that. It’s a fun side manga while we wait for the main. Main’s raw comes out every 3 weeks, it’s not like they have few hundred chapters untranslated. Be grateful

Dex-chan lover
I'd be funny if she did exhibit only certain behaviors when their off or take over (out of sheer will power from the egoes), but the body has it's own ego even without these personalities. this is just- it doesn't add anything to the story

knowing about the fact that

the main Kumoko will effectively kill these 4 later on in the novels

saddens me when reading this spinoff

@IrregularPerson I think that is one of those "artifacting" aspects from it changing slightly between the web and light novel. In the web novel, it was hilarious, as it was a way for her to have these great self-deprecating conversations when there were literally no other speaking characters outside of the side stories for a long time. When they changed the fate and role that the parallel wills had to play a lot of that charming whit, and the humor that really just teetered on her feeling like she was going crazy and talking to herself, was lost.

That being the case, one thing I do like is that it spawned this manga. It is a different vein of entertainment entirely from the original, but when you try and hold it on it's own merits it is entertaining all the same.

Dex-chan lover
@vaan I 100% agree, I never caught onto the fact that her talking to herself is insane. kumo never showed insecurities to convey that to readers, and the egoes are so just so distinct that they are their own gimmicky characters. not a solid character but kumo in the original story makes such a distinction without any transition of it- they just kind of appear and in "fantasy", you take it with a grain of salt that- "ok, she has different egoes because she has parallel wills"
your explanation makes it a lot more easier to read, it seems sad that the original narrative wasn't able to convey that. the slapstick humor doesn't seem to be used effectively... or that it just clouds my judgement. but that's a separate matter for this spinoff, I did begin reading this knowing that it's intentionally playful
(reminds me that dolphins has left-brain and right-brain. they can effectively never enter a state of rest because one brain will always be active. dolphins do fully enter sleep with their protected by there pod but, it just had me thinking)

The fact that they didn't even consider that the monkeys might need to eat, sleep or that they might die of old age... Despite possessing genius level intellect, they lack common sense.

i don't know, it feels like this manga cut a lot of corners that makes it hard to read them.
oh
i see, this is the adaptation, no wonder, may be i'll re-read them later.

Users who are viewing this thread