Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 10 Ch. 46.2

@Huichelaar As I said, the prologue is focused on developing how the system works (and also bring world-building via the other characters, which the manga omits almost entirely), and how dangerous someone can be once they're bloated with skills, which anyone can become (the Demon Lord is that strong for the same reason Kumoko is). Also, if you're that afraid of too many skills,
she loses them once she finds a way out of the system and is forced to rely on a few powers for the rest of the story, namely her web and teleportation, thus we get a power reset
. And on top of that the story becomes much more character-driven than battle-driven once she leaves the dungeon.
The system is actually more well-thought out than it may look like right now, and it is the only time she actually bulldoze her way through effortlessly (still a bit lame though, I'll give you that). And due to the aforementioned spoiler, this won't degenerate into fighting beings that can blow the universe with one hand.
And my point wasn't it being a parody, it's that it deconstructs ideas from the genre: the video-game system exists for a real reason that is at the center of plot, the reincarnations' new life will affect their personality and outlook on things instead of staying the same, etc. Everything happens for a reason, including the stat absorption we just witnessed.
Why does absorbing one's soul makes you stronger? Could it be that skill and stats are directly linked to the soul? But then, where does all the stats increase from level-ups come from? And how does this relate to the Taboo revelation that the world is on the brink of collapse?
Although while I fully consider the LN to be superior as it actually shows other characters to be invested in and conflicts outside of survival battles, regardless of the medium this is a slow burn story, so it does sometimes take a lot of time to bring everything together (although the manga is probably the worst in that regard since it is, again, skipping half the story, not to mention how long it takes to release a single chapter).

@Huichelaar
It is also need to be said that until this point Kumoko has only being fighting monsters. Yeah Mother is intelligent enough to make traps and battle plans but she still away from what a real intellignet being can do (like a human).

Also if what worries you is that the huge number of skills will make future battle redundant then that can be solved easily.
Just disable the System. Like certain piece of trash can do

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, sorry, but I'm not reading the spoilers. I still intend to read this comic whenever a new chapter comes out. Keep in mind I'm commenting on the comic, not the LN. I can only comment on what I've read so far, and so far, all I'm seeing is the author giving themselves a lot of "ways out" in the form of skills that can be used whenever the MC is in trouble. Should they write themselves into a corner, they can just grab one of the hundreds of skills that have been introduced (maybe one that hasn't been used before, so nobody can claim that skill shouldn't work the way it's used) and claim Checkhov's Gun. It just doesn't seem well-thought out.

I really have trouble enjoying this manga now that they've added immortality. It just feels unnecessary and it took away the excitement and stress of most battles.

Dex-chan lover
note that when the spiders magic 1 and 2 come back , their appearances also upgrade to the newest evolution in page 14 and 15 .

Staff
Super Moderator
@pandanoia Don't give up on the story!
It's only immortality under the system's rules... later you will find there are ways of harming and killings stuff outside the world system. In fact, the way Kumoko is beating mother (and Ariel, the demon lord) is completely outside the scope of the rules of the world! D even says so a few chapters back.

Double-page supporter
@Huichelaar I see your point but after seeing the Demon lord she encountered way back, I'd assume she's just slightly mid tier in the monster world, maybe even below that. And there's so many rules and twists in this world just looking at the broken stat and skill system I'd like to think the author will be keeping fights imaginative as possible, so far she hasn't been the usual op isekai protagonist thaf just one shots every thing.

finally the real story gonna start soon, that is after our kumoko ascend into admin/godhood, becoming shiraori/shiro
also
for those who think her action is really stupid for human
well actually she was really the spider in the class room that got isekei! Kumoko is a spider that got isekei into spider, and becoming spider god!
well as you all can guess now, the real Watabe-san is that most evil god in the universe, [D]

😘This is how you do a somewhat OP manga, one of the best so far, and it is funny so double win?! 😝

@Medicine017 I don't think we are going to get the story will follow the one in the LN.
Keep in mind at this stage in the LN we spent lots of time with the humans, but in the manga we have seen maybe only 2 students. We know know nothing of the world outside and I doubt the autor will go for a exposition dump chapter. It would be very lame and strange. I do believe they are going for a completely different structure
Also Kumiko doesn't behave strangely compared to what she remembers ( or think to remember ) of her former life. I solitary girl that like to play the solo player in RPG online. She does behave similarly on how you would play an RPG in the same conditions. I do believe the odd in thought are going to be attributed more to Pride brainwashing

I thought it was the mother that said "that's the spirit" and came to think that the mother is actually nice untill i see the next panel.. ok u got me.

For anyone whose wondering, the LN and manga are different, when at the LN we got all the stuff going in either it's the human side, other transfered poeple, with kumoko itself as a main topic, while in manga the topic is going all about kumoko, so basically the manga removes the side story but the main story isn't changed (for now)

The manga is following the chronological order of the story. While the LN follows the POV to stimulate the readers. because we are still in the prologue.

Users who are viewing this thread