Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 10 Ch. 50.1

Dex-chan lover
Dang y know what
Liver cancer is one of the most dangerous cancer
They're stealthy and show no symptoms until it reach late 3 or 4 stage

And yeah I really hate cancer
They're so cruel

Fed-Kun's army
i have a purse cancer, this cancer makes me can't buy almost anything but food.

Dex-chan lover
Still waiting on when she gets her human body but guess thats quite a ways on

@HDMI1
GUYS I SWEAR THAT WE HAVEN'T MISSED ANYTHING!!!!
I'm 100% sure that Kumoko is totally right about how it must be pure coincidence that the SAME adventurer group she saved in the labyrinth ended in the EXACT SAME location she was in the middle of a huge forest.

I'm 100% sure that it wasn't that
The Word of God Religion (<- Where have we heard this name before?) send the same adventurers to check if Sariella's Divine Beast was the Nightmare of the Labyrinth and then spread the information to destabilize the relationships between Sariella and the other countries of the Kasanagara Continent

I'm 100% sure that we have already heard that the religion of that country is
The Goddess Religion, we surely have already heard that this religion worship the goddess and her Divine Beasts

I'm 100% sure that we already know about the
Pope of the Word of God Religion and that somehow he knows The Demon Lord, The Administrator Gyuriedistodiez and Potimas (Manga Readers: Who? | Novel Readers: lol)

I'm 100% sure that we already know about the
Leader of the Elves, Potimas and how he's helping Oka-sensei to "Rescue" her students

I'm 100% sure that Kumoko is
the heroine of the story. (<- hahahahahahahahah)
hhjUkb5.png

I'm 100% sure that we already know what the "Presentation" skill does.
We already know that this skill can delete other skills (Oka-chan is that you?)

I'm 100% sure that we already know about the Charity Skill Paradox.
There're 2 characters right now that have Charity

I'm 100% sure that the human parts are just anime filler.
uI5BpCC.jpg

P.D:
Superior Version
OzeGi77.gif

@linkhuesitos15 so is this anime mc better or something that should compel me to watch it, and can you dumb it down for me what you meant by "Kumoko is
the heroine of the story"

@It_dont_matter
It should be clear enough if you read the manga and watched episode 3 of the anime.

Magic Teacher's dead in Episode 3
PGzt1m5.png

Kumoko's Evil Eye of Extinction turns the target instantly into ash
jriodcx.jpg

In a nutshell
Kumoko is the main villian in the other students timeline and her objective is exterminate humanity.
eeCMKZG.jpg

Literally everything bad that has happened to the other students is directly or indirectly connected to her.
wibLTWp.jpg

@linkhuesitos15
The synopsis itself says that they exist and
The first chapters were translated in August,. 2019. And back then, I believe that synopsis wasn't there.
And what's the point of reading synopsis anyway.

Like I said, the point is.... in the manga you don't know what is going on for a long time and concentrate on spider survival. Dark Souls style. And that is fun. You also don't get a whole lot information about the world. Which is also fun.
While in anime version they explain what is going on right off the bat and that... is significantly less fun. Actually it resembles many other "modern isekai" works, that makes it less interesting, so you just go through the motions. Plus they put cute stereotypical anime eyes on the spider in anime which also doesn't look that great. Bonus points for them not implementing the stereotypical "this is the adventurer guild, those are the ranks, now go collect grass" nonsense.

As a result, the anime has less impact. It feels much more stereotypical than the manga.

If you think about it, this manga resembles Re: Monster in structure, which sets it aside from the rest. Re: Monster with more fighting and less family building.

@DeathDonut
People do read the synopsis to see if they're interested on the work (but I guess this doesn't apply at all if you don't have pay for it. We love you internet)

The reason why this work is also called "Dark Souls" isekai isn't just because the survival is hard as hell but also because that's a shitty world. Again, thanks manga for skipping the side stories
There's literally no hope in that world, the whole planet will die soon.
The story was never about a chain of fight after fight. The fights are just a way to give Kumoko the power she needs to the later parts.
Also, there're almost zero fights after this arc.

@CharlesDexterWard
Yeah, in regards to the parallel wills the manga is really screwing up here. The ability to just turn them off safely negates a problem that has a lot of ripple effects to the storyline:

• If she can just shut them off, there's no reason for her to want to get their screaming and conspiracies out of her head, and so she won't have a reason to create eggs and implant their portion of her soul into them to get rid of them without risking her soul being corrupted by what they ate of 'mother'.
• If she doesn't make the separate bodies for the parallel wills, she won't have the idea to do the same thing to her own portion of soul which lets her survive a second attack by the demon lord when she uses soul annihilation magic.
• If the parallel mind spiders aren't around, the strongest human mage won't follow them around learning how they train themselves and their spider army with magic.
• The existence of the continued "nightmares of the labyrinth" (which the manga hasn't talked about yet because it's not doing the split timeline perspective) requires the parallel wills to have raised their own spider army for Kumoko to then dump back into the labyrinth later on.

People really don't seem to realize what a layered story this is and how many things can be messed up by the "streamlining" that has been happening, much less the number of reveals and red herrings that would have made for good discussion but are largely ruined by the manga focusing nearly exclusively on Kumoko so far. And for anyone who may be reading this, the anime is ALSO broken in that it is rushing through sections of both the spider and human side and rearranging when things are being revealed on top of all the hints they give in the opening animation. The light novel is very careful to give bits of information that can potentially mislead, and then when you finally get a reveal there's usually another question that comes as a result of it because you're still not getting every answer. The manga especially is going to have almost every single piece of the plot revealed on the human side when they finally get there, and some of the parts that drag are going to now all be lumped together one after another because the Kumoko content that would have taken up most of the volume around the human bits has already been adapted.

"i am demon king great hero high saint supreme mage grand healer humanoid spider gyaru, so what?" ==> new title

Users who are viewing this thread