Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 7 Ch. 35.1

@Bes
author is inexperienced and it really shows, especially in the last chapters
I think you mean the "Mangaka" is inexperienced. The mangaka and the Novel author are 2 different persons. Also the different POV are in fact one of the strong points of the Novel and one the corner stones for the plot building.

@Darkion
That's a problem only of the manga readers because in both novels there were other "Main Characters" since the beginning.
Every chapter that doesn't start with a number is from other Main Character.
Volume 1 Index
stFjXVf.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@linkhuesitos15
Its easy to guess when you read the whole thing, but this manga is monthly, its gonna suck for the readers to wait months on end with the POV of a character they dont care about only for the SURPRISE TWEEEEEEEST

Dex-chan lover
@Genoshock - Where have you been? The manga has been 16 pages a chapter since nearly the beginning, and is released twice a month.

A must have for any overpowered isekai: the POV of those with common sense. Personally, such chapters are my favorite, lining up right next to the trashing of arrogant nobles, so called high rank adventurer, or the even the hero.

@boag
Its easy to guess when you read the whole thing, but this manga is monthly, its gonna suck for the readers to wait months on end with the POV of a character they dont care about only for the SURPRISE TWEEEEEEEST
You know that this started as a Web Novel right? You know that in web novels they release chapter by chapter not a whole volume right? Those of us that started with the Web Novel had to read the Side Chapters and wait for new chapters too.
Also the manga has only 5 side chapters yet, in the same content the Web Novel had:
- 21 "S" Chapters
- 2 "B" Chapters
- 2 "K" Chapters
- 3 "Y" Chapters
- 3 "Great Elroe Labyrinth's Scout Team" Chapters
- 6 "Great Human-Demon War" Chapters
- 4 "Nightmare of the Labyrinth" Chapters (This and previous chapter)
The only difference is that the Web Novel doesn't have pictures so all the readers at tha point (Kumo Chapter 137) were there only for the Plot and this chapters are necessary to introduce Ronandt another important character that even have his own Arc ("R" Chapters) later.
Also if the manga is adapting the Demon Council and Ronandt introduction that mean than is planned to continue after the labyrinth end and the post labyrinth Really needs the Side Stories to have coherence.

@boag
In japanese but what about the translators? Even if the author upload 3 chapters every day the translator don't work at the same speed. Also maybe at the start more than 1 chapter is uploaded but when you add a Light Novel and a manga (some author also supervise the manga adaptations) the rate drop a lot. The last chapter of the Web Novel was on November and ended in middle of a battle.

@Krowley
it's really simple the cycle is always 1 side chapter (S, K, Y or B) every 5 Kumo chapters so they doesn't feel too intrusive. Only special chapters like "Great Elroe Labyrinth's Scout Team" are in row.

Dex-chan lover
@linkhuesitos15
The webnovel, and the LN give you a huge chunk of data to chew on, and that makes sense once you finish consuming it.
This Manga, is going at a snails pace.
The WN got super fucking boring, because it kept shifting POVs just to make the SURPRISE TWEEEEEST, which stopped being a surprise the 3rd time the author did it.

Its a convoluted way to keep the reader in the dark, because the MC is now a God like being that knows everything, the series basically stops being about Kumo and becomes the adventures of 10 other MCs, with Kumo doing shit in the background.

For people that were reading for the cute little spider, this is infurating, because they might not connect to the other characters.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@boag
For people that were reading for the cute little spider, this is infurating, because they might not connect to the other characters.
This is the easiest way to spot manga readers that jumped to the Web Novel. Nowhere the web novel calls her Cute in fact she's described as a black spider exactly the same as her siblings (not a pink spider).
I remember the comment section of B1 chapter, all the comments were "WTF is happening", "let the theories begin" or people having mind explosions. Here in the manga was "Where's my cute spider", "Why should I care for this people" or "Just give me Kumo now".

No one that started with the Web Novel had a cute spider in his mind neither did Kumo
Well, I’ve gotten rather preoccupied griping about the injustice of the world. But to everyone else, I just look like a scary spider monster who’s staring at a baby

The WN got super fucking boring, because it kept shifting POVs just to make the SURPRISE TWEEEEEST, which stopped being a surprise the 3rd time the author did it.
How can a Plot twist no being a surprise when all the story was arranged to send you to the opposite direction or there wasn't any clue?
- Kumo isn't the Demon King but at the same time she indeed is.
- The chruch wasn't mind controlled and were in fact using Hugo.
- Fucking robot army (the world suffered an apocalipsis and was reverted to a medieval state).
- Ariel is Potimas daughter.
- Oka-sensei wasn't saving the students but kidnapping them.
- Kumo was never human.
- D is the real Wakaba Hiro.
- The one that attacked D weren't the previous 2 idiots but Sariel using the last of her remaining mind.
- Potimas only lived that long because D prohibited Kuro to kill him.

"Its a convoluted way to keep the reader in the dark, because the MC is now a God like being that knows everything"
She know everything because she used all her effort to investigate and create enough clones. And obviously she feels boring from other POV, since the beginning Kumo said that she never talked to others so most of her dialogues are still in her mind. And even Ariel admitted that Shiro was like a child that doesn't know how to interact with others.

"the series basically stops being about Kumo and becomes the adventures of 10 other MCs, with Kumo doing shit in the background"
Other 10 MCs that have their own motivations.
- Shun: Wants to stop Hugo and rescue Sue but his mind is too corrupted from Kindness so he's unable to kill him.
- Katia: Wants revenge of Hugo for brainwashing her and she's decided to kill Hugo even if Shun can't
- Oka: Wants to take her students to a safe place at any cost and want to protect the elf village.
- Sophia: Sees Shiro as a mother and Ariel as a close friend so she help them with their plan.
- Wrath: Wants to atone his sins of killed thousands of people helping to save the world.
- Ariel: Hates humanity with all her soul and knowing that her life is about to end want to rescue Sariel.
- Ronandt: Is decided to archive the true knowledge of magic and dreams with meet his master again (Also even the author calls him the true Hero of humans).
- Dustin: Lamends the sins that humans did in the past to Sariel and decided to follow her creed of protecting humans until the end.

Kumo isn't a victim of the world anymore she's the mastermind behind the catastrophes and she doesn't have an enemy anymore (aside form Potimas). She also doesn't get anything from killing humans herself, she need their energy to restore the world and is way maro efficient if they kill each other.

Dex-chan lover
well i feel a little bad she killed them now. Seems like they wanted to run but panicked and attacked

Group Leader
Oh my freakin' goodness... just finished the chapter, went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, found a fat tan spider, body the size of a jumbo peanut, with bright red legs standing on my tube of toothpaste.

Fed-Kun's army
@linkhuesitos15 Holy shit those fucking twists. I don't have enough time to read another wn so I am not gonna read the wn of this series but goddamn those twists.

Dex-chan lover
WE ARE JUST SEEING THE SAME THING AGAIN FROM THE OTHER PERSPECTIVE AND THE RELEASES ARE SO SLOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Users who are viewing this thread