Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 7 Ch. 35.1

Contributor
@linkhuesitos15 said:
How can a Plot twist no being a surprise when all the story was arranged to send you to the opposite direction or there wasn't any clue?

Call it the M. Night Shyamalan effect (if that's not something already)—when you know there are going to be ridiculous ham-handed twists coming out of left field, then they aren't surprising anymore, even if one can't predict the specifics—and being "unpredictable" is not a good thing if the reason is just that your plot has gotten unreasonably convoluted.

Contributor
@linkhuesitos15 said:
How can a Plot twist no being a surprise when all the story was arranged to send you to the opposite direction or there wasn't any clue?

Call it the M. Night Shyamalan effect (if that's not something already)—when you know there are going to be ridiculous ham-handed twists coming out of left field, then they aren't surprising anymore, even if one can't predict the specifics—and being "unpredictable" is not a good thing if the reason is just that your plot has gotten unreasonably convoluted.

(I'm not saying that's how this series is—I haven't read anything but the manga—but in general having a plot full of purposeful sharp twists without leading either the plot or the emotional content of the story astray is really quite difficult, in any story that's not inherently about deception.)

@Pokari
What I meant was that usually this story throws at you some little hints about future events or plays with the POVs but at the end those hints are neither true nor lie.
If you want spoiler
Kumo isn't the Demon King. She's Shiro but at the same time she's indeed the Demon King in some way.
During the battle with the Demon King part of Kumo's soul (Body in charge) destroyed part of the soul of the Demon King and was absorbed to fill that gap. The result was that the Demon King and Body in charge's personalities merged making the Demon King a lot more "happy go lucky" type of person intead of an Edgelord that hated every living being in the world.

Group Leader
No, not a big deal, but spiders with an abdomen almost an inch long with bright red legs are unusual in my area (second time seeing one in about eight years) and almost grabbing it barehanded was rather unpleasant. Combine that with running into it literally about 30 seconds after reading a series starring a spider, and it's a rather amusing coincidental occurrence.

Lol, seeing the comments here, I can't wait until
Hero & Oni & Vampire sidearcs come in full force
and people dropping the series like flies.

Fed-Kun's army
@boag I'm sorry that you had no patience to read the side stories, but no the story is not a convoluted mess. Convoluted yes, mess no.
(Convoluted is not the same as bad, people need to learn that there is a clear diference)
No the story doesn't become a story of the other characters, it's just that at this point Shiro has become so influential that the author decided that looking only through her POV will not be enough to get the whole picture of her character and plans. Each character shows their own PoV of who she is; Her being a granddaughter, mother, master and close friend to some. Her being a villain in the making, a danger to ideology, and extremist, to others. Her whole plan that grew so big to reach the extreme sides of the world, tying to every event after the spider wars.
The story is actually very good, easily superior to all other LN and WN I've ever read. Every thing here has a reason, even the silly game elements, the arcs show that the author had already planned the whole story. You will hardly find any info that contradicts with future events. It's that good.

does anyone know which chapter that is in the novel? i want to red the novel but i cant find the chapter

@LUBT

- Light Novel:
Volume 3 - Special Chapter: The Nightmare of the Labyrinth

- Web Novel:
The Nightmare of the Labyrinth (after chapter 146).
Note: In the Web Novel this event happens After Alaba's Battle so you need to start at Chapter 138: Spider VS Earth Dragon Alaba 1

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer
its not a convoluted mess
oh yes it is, there are so many asspulls and sudden jumps in logic and convinient situations its nothing but a convoluted mess, and thats without bringing up the shitty chronologic way of telling it.

Ill reiterate again, because some people seem to be getting triggered over criticism of this novel.
The author is a hack, kept going back to the same well for the OH SO SURPRISING TWEEESTS. you can only pull this trick a couple of times before the reader just gets tired of it.

its superior to everything I read

If youre only reading Isekai, your baseline for quality is the bottom of the garbage bin

Dex-chan lover
lets just agree that ur all morons @boag @BloodySorcerer because you are spending all this time arguing in this chat about whether this manga is worth liking instead of doing things like, idk, living your life and being content with the fact that YOU like or dislike the manga... stop being insecure and stfu plz so people can talk about constructive things

I get complaining about the series in the comments, but why are the same people giving the same complaints every chapter? Why not move on by now?! You DON'T have to read it, LMAO!

Thanks for the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
@boag the so called asspulls had been predicted 100 of chapters before, if you haven't noticed most of if not every little thing in Kumo desu ga was planned up much earlier than the changes happened, if you read it againt you'll notice that most of the so called asspulls had already been announced in either POV chapters or early plot points that weren't explored back then.

Also I don't read just Isekai, looks like the problem here is that you like making assumptions of everything. You probably didn't even read the novel much. Probably left as soon as you found somethinng you disliked. THat's the only conclusion I can get to after reading you comment about story focusing on side characters and Asspulls which simply isn't true.
Also way to be an asshole huh, this was my original comment: "The story is actually very good, easily superior to all other LN and WN I've ever read." You lost your point so you had to deface my comment to prove a point.

Fed-Kun's army
Something that woulda been hilarious is if kumoko just clinged to one of their backs as they teleported out.

Ok ... So, the clue of "Imma gonna kill you now" here is 'someone already draw his bow' ... It's kinda like pointing a gun at someone followed by pulling the trigger ... I see ... I see

Users who are viewing this thread