Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 70.1

Dex-chan lover
Yh but the corruption of the mind that comes with those skills (it isn't just wrath that basically shifts your personality but all of them) isn't worth the power since the extra skills that come with them could be gotten through other means. Some of them can't (like the dragon skills) but most of them can be.

Plus I think those skills mess with the owner's soul a lot and having more than one(maybe 2) is usually enough to get a person killed and weaken their soul significantly
Spoiler]

Haven't read the LN in a long time so I might be misremembering some of the details though
[/Spoiler]
Well, there's going to be an arc for that subject.

Another commenter said DL and Shiro wants Sophia to Lv10 all her skill first before leveling up, they probably going to take Heresy Null and Growth Correction too.

Heresy Null is the only defence to avoid the soul being damaged.

Dex-chan lover
So, I've thought this for a while now, but... am I the only one bothered/concerned by the demon lord? She's only nice to Shiro now because there's literally a part of Shiro's mind in hers calming her down. I don't have double standards regarding emotional manipulation, so even though it's technically beneficial to our MC, it's still messed up. Plus, what if the demon lord eventually manages to shake that off?
Ariel is nice to Shiro because Ariel is overall a pretty nice person and she learnt Japanese she should communicate with her. On top of that she was still looking for a way to kill her and it was only through years of travel that they got close enough that she didn't want to kill her.

Cause Shiro is sure as hell ain't a nice person. Remember how she killed her other selves just because they got in the way of her with no hesitation? The part of her soul in Ariel would make her even more ruthless.

Dex-chan lover
i don't think i can do this anymore, there's just nothing interesting left

Aggregator gang
I'm going to die at this rhythm of half a chapter a month.
The worst thing is there's no one to blame, everyone is doing a good job.
The source material is done, the mangaka probably doesn't have the revenue to have more assistants, the magazine it's published in is monthly, and the translation is fast and accurate.
It's just difficult to deal with it.

Aggregator gang
So, I've thought this for a while now, but... am I the only one bothered/concerned by the demon lord? She's only nice to Shiro now because there's literally a part of Shiro's mind in hers calming her down. I don't have double standards regarding emotional manipulation, so even though it's technically beneficial to our MC, it's still messed up. Plus, what if the demon lord eventually manages to shake that off?
The demon lord was never actually that aggressive. Shiro's influence did make her more careless, but she originally only wanted to kill Shiro because she was an out-of-control descendant on her turf.
Even if the demon lord gets rid of Shiro's influence, it's unlikely for Shiro to become her enemy, and so the demon lord's first thought won't be to get rid of her, especially with common interests. They'd probably stay allied.
Even more when right now Shiro counts as a "servant".

Fed-Kun's army

There's no shaking that off at all. It worked because there is no conceivable defense against such an attack. In fact, the only way the DL could "shake it off" was by melding a part of Shiro into her so fragments of her original self would still remain, albeit warped.

On a personal note, I quite liked this development because, as it inconceivable as it may seem, it kind of made sense. After all, if Kumo (then) could do it to the QT (her mother), why couldn't she do the same for the Mother of all QTs? She took a gamble (like she always did in the trenches) and it worked. It wasn't half-assed either. I wish that trait of hers will return in Shiro.

Dex-chan lover
Sophia's otome villainess school arc was fun.
Would honestly love a spin off Sophia's school life from elementary to when she graduates the high school equivalent. The funny part is that she plays the roll of the otome protagonist and makes Felmina be the villainess even though Sophia is clearly the one who is villainous to the max and in general don't give a shit about anything. Meanwhile Felmina genuinly worries for the fate of demonkind and her fiance due to Sophia just being herself

Sophia is probably one of my favourite's in the franchise because her interactions with both White and Felmina.

Dex-chan lover
She gets a skill back and people have moved on to trope comments like "I forgot what was going on" because they've been too used to belly-aching about the series.

Knowing this website and it's isekai reading ilk, I'm not sure what else I was expecting.
Tbh, the manga is skipping like half the novel so I can understand if manga onlies have issues with following with is going on.

Dex-chan lover
Sophia is probably one of my favourite's in the franchise because her interactions with both White and Felmina.
Especially the poison scene. And overall it's one of those great perspective flips, similar to way earlier when we got a scene where the humans treat Appraise as this sacred, ritualistic skill, and then cut to Shiro going, "Rock! Wall! Ceiling!"

Dex-chan lover
Especially the poison scene. And overall it's one of those great perspective flips, similar to way earlier when we got a scene where the humans treat Appraise as this sacred, ritualistic skill, and then cut to Shiro going, "Rock! Wall! Ceiling!"
Indeed, sad we don't get those povs in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, the manga is skipping like half the novel so I can understand if manga onlies have issues with following with is going on.
That's not the issue most people who have been complaining the past few chapters are moaning about.

It's the fact that Shiro has been powerless for awhile and that's <insert some negative point here>.

Probably due to people getting addicted to the powertrip trope.

Anyway, it was limited this time to just a few posts, and mostly early in the thread. I guess either those people stopped reading, or finally ran out of reasons. Because everyone else feels like they've read the novel. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing, since I consider the manga an accessory to the novels than a full on adaptation.

But well, for those who haven't and still care about her power/skill issues, do note that despite what Shiro says in the chapter, her skill didn't actually come back. Instead, she's started to intuitively learn how to process magic on her own, called rather literally 魔術 in the novel. Now, rather than a skill, it is truly her own unique magic. She practically stumbles on thread making due to her past experiences and nature as a spider. But now that she knows how, she'll be able to reproduce a couple of other skills, alongside making new magic. As they aren't skills but her own personal magic, they aren't exactly the same as her old skills, and some are never reproduced. Of course, it also means she's free from System restrictions, or effects that suppress skills.

Supporter
despite what Shiro says in the chapter, her skill didn't actually come back. Instead, she's started to intuitively learn how to process magic on her own, called rather literally 魔術 in the novel. Now, rather than a skill, it is truly her own unique magic. She practically stumbles on thread making due to her past experiences and nature as a spider. But now that she knows how, she'll be able to reproduce a couple of other skills, alongside making new magic. As they aren't skills but her own personal magic, they aren't exactly the same as her old skills, and some are never reproduced. Of course, it also means she's free from System restrictions, or effects that suppress skills.
THE THREAD MAKING'S MAGIC!?
I thought she could do it as a god cuz she's a spider...

Supporter
All skills are conjurings/magic btw

Which is why what Shiro and Ariel want to do later (destroying the system) is unfavorable to the majority of people
but the demon lord's part spider too I thought she could make threads without the system? Like it was just an innate part of her demi-human?human-animal experiment? physiology
Along with the poison that was killing her

Fed-Kun's army
but the demon lord's part spider too I thought she could make threads without the system? Like it was just an innate part of her demi-human?human-animal experiment? physiology
Along with the poison that was killing her
As far as I know (I've only read the LN so it may have been stated in the WN) her only powers before the system was set in place is her poison, she was on the edge of deaths door the entire time until the system was created so I don't think she even tried to make threads which would have required her to use more energy (not god energy I mean real normal energy) than necessary.

Double-page supporter
As far as I know (I've only read the LN so it may have been stated in the WN) her only powers before the system was set in place is her poison, she was on the edge of deaths door the entire time until the system was created so I don't think she even tried to make threads which would have required her to use more energy (not god energy I mean real normal energy) than necessary.

Ariel is also immortal thanks to the experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread