Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 7 Ch. 35.2

Group Leader
Here's rock turtle's back story that nobody asked for. You're welcome.

It was just an ordinary day grazing by the river. Master had been out for several weeks and us Heavenly beasts were free to roam Professor oak's his land.

I gazed absent-mindedly at some drifting clouds, glimpsing ol flamey bird passing by overhead. You better not shit on me again you son-on-a-bitch. Suddenly, a familiar magic circle appeared around her.

For the first time in awhile, I began to feel the sensation of being summoned as well. I guess Master needs a meatshield again, I sighed. I clicked out the customary greeting in the ancient tongue of my people, telling my wife I'll be looking forward to dinner tonight and to watch rob closely cause that little prick is gonna drown himself acting like a freaking turtle. Slimy bastards.

I should've known something was wrong when I saw that Rick and Jahosafat, my tiger childhood friend and pompous blowfish bastard were summoned as well.

" 'Nother day earning our kibble eh?" Rick growled at me. "What's this, a spider?" He observed our opponent with a snort. "They taste nasty. Let's get this over with."

"Rick!" I saw something unbelievable and called out to my friend. But it was too late. He was exp now.

"You bastard!" Ol flamey and Jahosofat unleashed their strongest attacks on the murdering beast. I could only watch, as always, Master's unbreakable shield.

What? I couldn't believe my reptilian eyes. That monster had used their own magic against them. Welp, I wasn't too hurt at their losses but now my own hide was in grave danger.

It's alright. I'll avenge you guys. You couldn't handle the beast, but this is my specialty. I'll protect master and we'll get our revenge, I swear! I braced myself under the monster's gaze. But the attack never came. The last thing I remembered as I crumbled to dust was little rob, stupidly foundering in the water, never knowing his place...

...huh? A dream? I woke up on something soft. Too soft. Where was the familiar embrace of my rocky carapace? And how the hell am I supposed to get up while I'm laying on my back? But I rolled over with ease. Too much ease. I fell off the soft platform and landed on fours, no wait what the hell are these long spindly things with digits- I heard a human call out.

"Rocki-chan! You'll be late for school!" This was the day my life had changed forever. My past as an ordinary rock turtle gone forever.

I really like those chapters from another perspective. I prefer them in manga form than in the novel even.
And I fucking love Ronant!

@linkhuesitos15 not true [Ronant spoilers]
at this stade, Ronant really is overwhelmed by Kumo's power and can't do anything against her. That's precisely why he asks her to teach him magic. And the magic/magic techniques/magic theory he learns from her and her clone allows him to become a lot stronger and definitely surpass humanity.

@Orio nice read, my dear! It gave me a good laugh.

Im all caught up with the novel and I feel like I'm going insane waiting for it to get translated or the manga to be released faster. Then I hear about an anime coming. This is like slime and shield hero.😩

Rondant isn't legend he will become, but
he is still the most beastly human on the planet atm. The Hero is a child right now, so there is literally no better human.

These chapters don't do Rondant justice. His inclusion on the team was thought to be more then enough. Kumo has just broken every expectation.

Group Leader
@ZeroSoulX

These are identical. rtd seem to be the primary site for English translation at the moment. I might be wrong.
Current story arc is around 146-146(side chapters)-147

https://turb0translation.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html (dropped)
https://rtd.moe/kumo-desu-ga/
https://boxnovel.com/novel/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka/

Fed-Kun's army
It's always great to see an OP protagonist from the opposing side. lets you have your insane powers and still have tension.

Also its just fun to see people freak out.

Kumoko isn't even that strong,
it's the humans in this world who had become tremendously weak with time, so relatively normal power seems overwhelming to them. At the very beginning of the magic System, everyone was this strong (see: Ariel). D herself explains it in the web novel.

They really could've condensed this 'other side' story into a single chapter, I hope it doesn't keep dragging on.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. from their point of view she sure looks evil. Glad i got to see both sides of that battle

Supporter
The thing that made me saddest was the "Next chapter May 9" announcement. 😥 I'm like a drug addict and need spider-bae faster.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think they could do both side in single chapter. That's why they make into multiple parts.

Users who are viewing this thread