Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 8 Ch. 38.2

Dex-chan lover
Is it my imagination or that piece of "cloth" on top of Alaba's corpse a part of a uniform?

@Nirimetus I think that was the same piece of cloth that Kumoko used to hide under the first time she encountered Alaba.

That was supposed to be symbolic or something, but I will leave it to your own interpretation.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why but I want to be the living crap out of Alaba for some reason

@monkey123
Technically both used a pseudo asspull in this fight. We already knew that you can use Skill points but no monster until this point used them, then Alaba out of nowhere used his 11k point. And for Kumoko we already knew that she had Sloth since the beginning but not what it does.

But come on is sloth it's not too difficult to guess what it does. it was either slow the enemy or make them get tired faster.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kinda sad, I sorta wanted Alba to live at the end when he knelt down and then they become friends or something ;-;

Incidentally, in the WN, Kumoko's battle against Alaba happens immediately before her encounter with the mage, summoner, and elite soldiers. There, she had been pissed off at Alaba's death, and the humans burning the My Home was just the final straw.

@Faryshta
Wait, what do you mean Alaba wasn't a true dragon? IIRC he's as "true" a dragon as Rend, Kagna, Gehre and all the rest.

@Kazedoom
Yeah, gotta give props to all those dragons for going against Ariel.

@Nirimetus
Yeah, the cloth was her version of a gravestone, as well as a callback to when she was buried in rubble herself, when Alaba ignored her. Alaba shouldn't be a classmate, anyway; the classmates incarnate as babies (or equivalent).

I don't know if I should spoiler this since chapters about the reincarnators appear in the tankoubon, but
the egg that she was trying to break in the beginning was a female classmate. The egg was later given as a gift to a young prince of one of the human kingdoms. She later hatches as an earth drake/wyrm, and the prince also turns out to be a classmate. As is the duke's daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread