Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Vol. 9 Ch. 42.1

Double-page supporter
@optiso Can't be that, the anime is using the LN designs, at least if the preview is anything to go by. Personally, I think manga Kumoko's head on LN spider bodies would be the ideal design; the weirdly-shaped head in the LN is kind of ugly, and doesn't seem very expressive compared to manga Kumoko.

Fed-Kun's army
Immortality is great, but it isn't an instant God mode. There is always the 'fate worse than death's scenario.

Dex-chan lover
i think kumoko should call the arch spiders and the puppet "it" , not "he" . they are just animals , and she cant tell their exact gender , and the puppet is obviously genderless .

if anyone think kakashi ashahiro draws ugly human faces and ugly human bodies , then you can check out some of his henta! and you will change your minds , lol .

last page reminds me of the trashy novel In Another World with My Smartphone , dont waste your time with it .

the LN design looks stupid with those eyes and those ears . the manga design is very cute , she looks like she is wearing a santa costume .

In the middle of the night , inside a girl ‘s bedroom : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqEO82tJMIY .

Santa Girl : This year , you have been a very nice girl . So Santa will give you this small Christmas present .

Girl : Actually , Im a very “naughty” girl , Santa . Tonight , I desire something more pretty as my present , if you understand what I mean . Now , can I “unwrap” my present ?

5SjNsJL.jpg

DS00018.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@onihikage That's because the body of spiders isn't segmented in three parts like those of most insects. The body of a spider is segmented in two parts, and as a result of that spiders cannot turn their "head" and they thus have a big blind spot on their back. Spider can however sense things through sound and vibrations (and are able to do so very precisely through their silk), so it's not that much of a problem. It is however something that spider hunting wasps have evolved to capitalize on, by attacking silently from the air into the blind spot. That's why Kumoko always gets stung without noticing until it's done when she fights the wasp.
The manga's version of the spider body allows for Kumoko to turn her head around (and she does do it in the art) even though it's outright stated in the novel that she's not able to do that. So this creates a small plot hole as to how she fares against the wasps in the manga.
This is the reason for the body shape for the "head" segment of Kumoko's spider body in the novel's illustration. It's also not actually just her "head" since it's also her "torso" and where her legs are connected. The back body segment contains other organs (such as those for poison and for silk production).

Fed-Kun's army
@onihikage Also, concerning being expressive. Spider don't have facial muscles like that. Even so, the light novel (and anime) version manages to some extent to still express emotions due to the eyes and the voice acting mostly. Heck, we don't see her most of the time in the novel (since it's just text), but we do hear her thoughts, and there are a lot of them.

Kumoko's spider body isn't actually able to talk. Everything we hear/read is in her head. So the anime should be able to do it just fine with good voice acting, and I don't think that's going to be a problem considering that the voice actress for Kumoko is Aoi Yuuki (who voiced Tsuyu(My Hero Academia), Madoka(Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika), Clementine(Overlord), Tanya(Youjo Senki), and many others ( https://myanimelist.net/people/6686/Aoi_Yuuki )).

Fed-Kun's army
@TetsuyaLP well Zana Horowa is a Legendary Spider race that is on par with Mother, not only that Kumoko is literally the only Taratekt to have ever reached this evolution, an otherwise impossible evolution to reach. The immortal skill comes from the fact that this spider is supposed to become immune to the powers of corrosion(which pretty much means death attribute). Zana Horowa is considered to be a living incarnation of death, therefore death can never take it.
One of it's most noticeable characteristics though is the fact that this spider is totally white, it also has pure white fur, as you can already see in this chapter.
Sadly the official LN art fails tremendously in properly showing all her characteristics in this form.

Isn't it risky to evolve? Evolving takes a long time. Why did she just evolve right after a big fight. What if the enemy find her while she's evolving

@BloodySorcerer
One of it's most noticeable characteristics though is the fact that this spider is totally white, it also has pure white fur, as you can already see in this chapter.
Uhhh you wot m8? There is no descriptive line from the Zana Horowa chapter in Volume 4 that states that Zana Horowa has fur. I just pulled it up right now. Volume 4-Chapter 5: Evolution. Go and look it up yourself, absolutely nothing descriptive about how Zana Horowa looks until we see the Monster Encyclopedia page. I'll give it to you, actually, the background of the realistic version does have some fur, but nothing as stupid looking as the manga version. The only look at the designs we have is from the artwork, since Kumoko never describes herself because she can't see herself. This one looks absolutely disgusting. She has 6 little feetsies and two swords-for-hands when they're supposed to be scythes. This is the most horrendous offense to the original designs yet.

@daywithoutgames
Yeah, and comparing Kakashi's artwork from the Demon Meeting chapter to Tsukasa's artwork is absolutely night and day. Kakashi can't hold a candle to Kiryu. It's either that or Kakashi just doesn't care about this series at all. I'm inclined to believe he just doesn't care since he has constantly been doing a half chapter a month for more than a year now. This is supposed to be a bi-weekly release. We should have been on chapter 60+ by now, but Kakashi just doesn't seem to care about the deadlines. Hell, the publication for v7 of the manga released with a whole three chapters, ffs.
CXuhlvV.jpg

Thank you dear aumakua ~! And now when Kumoko became Zana Horowa she is the cutest spider that i had ever seen. Kyaaa 😁

Dex-chan lover
@4rcane I think it's risky because when she evolves, she has to sleep while it happens which makes her an easy target. Now that she has nullified it with sloth, she can move and defend herself while the process is going.

That fear AOE from the champion title is also useful for reducing the numbers of enemies that will attack her while it's happening and with her campaign of farming enemies on that level, the enemies that gave her a hard time are so scared to get near her now. The enemy spiders won't go there cause of their weakness to fire. She's pretty much safe for now.

Fed-Kun's army
@NoGround there clearly is description of fur in the WN. And some other Tarantula characteristics too. What you're showing there is pretty much a change in design between the two versions. You don't even need to trust me, just look for early Zana Horowa fan designs on the internet, all of them have fur. Also you could extend that search for the arachne form too, since the Arachne form is just her zana horowa looks, with an extended human torso complete with limbs and a human head attached. Literally all of them have fur. Because she was originally described to be like a tarantula with some extra and unique details in the WN.

Dex-chan lover
this evolution surprisingly cute, it's not that long before she catch up with those extra chapters.

ahaha I don't remember her being so cute and fluffy in the light novels. In the LN's illustrations she has spikes and it looks like thorns growing out of her, very intimidating - you can't compare the two.

Users who are viewing this thread