Kuro no Kenja ha Kage wo Oru - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
A w/e ending and I'm always sad to see a series end, but as far as axes / "buy the WN/LN" manga goes, it was good enough, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Axe is when the work suddenly ends because of editorial decisions without reaching a conclusion of the major elements of the story, not when there is an end like this one. There is no axe.
The decision to axe something can come several chapters before it ends, which means there's time to wrap things up, so a conclusion doesn't say whether it was axed or not. This story is was shallow enough that you could do that fairly quickly.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it counts as a confession if they're married.
When did that happen? Afaik he even just did an "Oh right, I have a wife." kind of thing which you noticed yourself. So yes, it does count. I wish they had a small ceremony, or a proposal at least. :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
"*Also cause this is a manga I took Henrietta as my second wife. Teehee"

Dex-chan lover
I curious so I looked up the if there was a novel of this, and yes there was. Seems like this is all we get, so this wasn't axed, just a short series. For the ending, rather than interrupted confession, they do have segs(not that the act was written).

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6384gp/

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Decent enough ending. Thank y'all for translating. Stay safe and healthy!

Contributor
Finally, some damn consequences for that corrupt prince. We didn't even get to see his brother! I hope he's kind and handsome for Henrietta's sake. Also the protagonist never got the rest of his magic powers back. What the heck was that?

But I don't like cop outs for romance. Can the confession interruption trope die already? It ends with no kiss, no wedding ceremony, no time skip kids, not even an "I love you"... I'm docking a point for this. They went with fast romance for Lilia and bailed out at fulfilling it in the end.

Clearly rushed and felt like it was axed. Another to the pile of completed manga...

Dex-chan lover
Now make the second part, focusing on their love journey. Is all I wish for them to do

Double-page supporter
Decent ending, concluded more of an ark but not completed the story. There's the country's involvement in the corruption, Lilia's family (if the come for her or they visit them, more of the dark magic and the Dark Sage, and maybe Henrietta's life as the Saintess.

Users who are viewing this thread