Kuro no Maou - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
Ohh, I remember reading this novel a long time ago.
Going to be super dark indeed.

Isekai berserk, at least the author toned down the suffering bit after like 300 chapters of suffering.

Double-page supporter
@AthalosJ This story actually predates both of those. It just took longer to get a manga adaptation, I guess...

Seems interstinv so far and I cant wait to see the comeuppance that the 'researchers' should be facing. Thanks to the scanlators for what looks like another interesting series.
Might have to check out the original soon.

@rock41t
He was experimented on and went through horrors. He just changed with the situation. All mc act like normal humans until something like that happens.

Dex-chan lover
This man is going to become the best... but if they can capture these creatures then that means that there is someone too strong here.....

>200m pv sold
How do you even sell pv'?
And I doubt it's 200 million novel copies sold,as popular as the novel is it'll need a naruto/ aot popularity lvl to sell that many...
Considering jpn has a 10k numerical value this might be a misstranslation or something?

The adaptation skips a lot of things. I remember this arc being quite long, and there was a lot of dialogue. It makes me want to reread the novel~

Dex-chan lover
I have never quite understood why the Japanese hate Christians so much that even in random fantasy/isekai manga villains very often belong to a religious order that reminds the reader of the Christian church outwardly, like with a cross as its symbol. Christian missionary work in Japan was quite inefficient and more or less ended with the central government slaughtering and torturing most of the Christians to death. After that it played no role whatsoever in Japan. By the WW2, it was the political play of superpowers that resulted in the Japanese dream of controlling the whole East Asia to crumble. Most of the American troops might have been Christian, but it was of little consequence in the modern world of 1940's anymore.

I can't really think of anything but cowardice behind it. Christians in the world won't typically attack a novel/manga publisher with assault rifles if an insulting work is published. The author doesn't need to fear car bombs or even a simple knifing.

As a secular person I don't much care personally, but I do find it intriguing.

@Kaarme If I remember correctly, Japan is a nation where people prefer to believe in multiple gods. Buddhism and Shinto beliefs allow people to pray to many figures. However, Christianity wants its followers to only pray to one god, and no others. That runs counterproductive to Japanese values, so it's easy to show Christianity as an antagonist.

Dex-chan lover
@Calvados Most Japanese, especially not geezers waiting for the grave, are already quite secular, like people in many developed countries. Religion is not a huge thing for them. Christianity is all but invisible in Japan, a tiny small fraction of the Japanese are Christian. Christmas is visible in Japan, but it's not a Christian thing for 99% of them in practice. The Japanese even have phony semi-Christian looking wedding ceremonies or photo sessions just for fun, because apparently it can look dreamy in their eyes. Yet, mysteriously, when they need an enemy orginanisation in LN or manga, it's like a quarter of the time a church looking very Christian. Or in other words, if you see a more or less Christian looking priest in manga, you can leisurely bet he's evil to the core. Chances of being wrong are low.

Users who are viewing this thread