Kuro no Maou

Group Leader
I wish there was more characterization for our obvious mob characters. Like, 20 chapters or so, before y'know, chop chop splat splat. yum yum ;3

Slaughter them all! Blood for the blood god, skull for the skull throne!

Fed-Kun's army
In the Grimdarkness of the 41st Millinia there is only war... wait... wrong universe. But also grimdark... slaughter, crush, rip and tear... kill the human scum.

@4stjack
Nobody expects the next Evangelion from an isekai. As long as it doesn't reach Kenja no mago or Re:monster/Healing hero levels of trashiness, it's bearable and sometimes even fun.

@4stjack You're right, it's shallow and fake, but at least it's an effort. Maybe I've grown too jaded, but very few isekai in the SAO era even bother to give the MC even the slightest inconvenience. It's always the same drivel. Overpowered people who got their power from god knows what steamrolling their way into the new world while tons of girls swoon at their powers, niceness and astounding knowledge of japanese cuisine.

I'm not an exigent man. I just want conflict. If it at least pretends there's a chance the MC can screw up, be wrong or not get away with it exactly in the way he wants, then I'm in, and sadly the edgy ones are the only ones who dare to do so, at least at the beginning. I'd take evil church empire any day over stupid rich people who don't understand how great the self insert is. That's how jaded I am.

God, I miss Zero no Tsukaima.

@4stjack ermm u seem to know future or something since u use "crap lazy writing" a lot for 10 chapter manga. Even thought I realize you most likely aren't mistaken I really wouldn't use such hard words on something that just begin. As for overall brutality masking good writing... where did you seen author saying it's good writing manga. Just one glance at tags should be enough to determine it's not gonna be next hamlet.

I mean I understand you have expected something better but you don't need bash it that hard

Double-page supporter
@4stjack funny you mention incentive when you dismissed @Blastoutmaria statement on capitalism. I agree there is little incentive to actually write good stories let alone be creative since there is a clear template for commercial success in anime/manga/light novels. Authors are more or less more pushed to write boring stories of MCs who have no personalities to speak of but with harems or a single waifu so that their self insert readers can enjoy it.

I’m probably more of a jaded person who prefers to see some struggle in MCs even if just edgy teen fantasy but sadly there is not a lot to work with. One of the reasons I stopped watching anime(or at least not as much as I used to)is that the pool for quality story telling is so low cause the incentive to produce generic plots like you mentioned is so high on the commercial side that all anime seems to be the same regurgitated stuff these days. Manga/LNs at least give us more options but not by a large margin. However if your expecting things to get better I would suggest quitting following manga/anime/LNs cause I promise you it won’t.

@4stjack

No need to be snarky. Its my poor choice of wording.
All I'm saying as long it makes money and gives what people want, what does it matter if the concept is over saturated and the story is cheap. As you said, "Lots of people fall for it", meaning its effective to a majority of people and thats all it matters to the supplier and they would keep putting out this shit.

Users who are viewing this thread