Kuro no Shoukanshi - Vol. 5 Ch. 34 - Elf Village VI

Fed-Kun's army
Yeh, dont get why the author draws this out like hell... i mean, yeah, you can do that with intresting fights with intresting villians from time to time and it can be still good, but this guy is just plain boring shithead, so... just get over it, kill him and move on.

Dex-chan lover
@CivilSky feels like it sometimes doesn't it.

So, how is he going to fix that leg? Incel-kun is about to probably be cut in half, so that's the only real question I have at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
yea the meaningless shounen fight continues. . .

What... why do we even care about this fight?

Fed-Kun's army
Yes, he's a Shinigami, now go drink Bleach and die.

Fed-Kun's army
@CivilSky People who read it regularly like it, people who comment tend to be people who believe that everyone needs to hear how they think everything they've seen before is generic, and that they are the Roger Ebert of manga.

Dex-chan lover
He may not be a shinigami, but this is most certainly a borehole.

Dex-chan lover
im more bothered by how all the mc did was brought out a scythe made of magic and it goes straight to "hes a shinigami??!" i know shinigami's iconic tool/weapon is the scythe but usually when they say "shinigami" it would be more because of the feeling of death than just because they brought out a scythe...

Dex-chan lover
@CivilSky Guess so. It's weird how there's always gotta be one guy complaining about a story in every single chapter instead of just dropping it and letting everyone else enjoy it.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia I think it is more about how they dislike the current arc or the last few chapters. They enjoyed the story up until recently and overall the premise is still appealing to them, but the current events are not. I do have to say though that it does seem like this fight has been going on for a while not. And with monthly releases, a 5-6 chapter fight is roughly half a year of time spent. However, this is usually twice a month give or take so the amount of dislike here is a bit much.

Group Leader
Why "Shinigami"?!?
Is that a translation error?
In the Japanese myth of the Shinigami, they usually wield "Yari"... those are spears, not scythes.
The one who is usually depicted with a scythe is the Grim Reaper, and that's the western equivalent to the Shinigami...

Also, did he just instantly grow back his leg, or is it just a momentary magical apparition?

EDIT:
I've Checked the raw...
the word used is "死神", without a doubt, Shinigami.
To make things worst for the mangaka, he even added the Furigana "しにがみ" or Shi-Ni-Ga-Mi, like... spelled out. Funny, a Japanese author misnaming a Japanese deity...

Ugh, get on with it. This is what I hate about shonen fight scenes and prefer in my over powered protagonists. I know he is going to win so what actual tension or intrege am I gaining from this?

Dex-chan lover
@CivilSky nah. everything up to the point where the long haired dude appeared was what I reading this manga for, then suddenly we're stuck in this battle for a whole month with an uninteresting enemy

Users who are viewing this thread