Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - This is all because of her misleading words

Dex-chan lover
Oh-dio.png

Dex-chan lover
yeah i understand how trauma works, having experienced it socially myself with girls. Im just saying just from seeing how he socializes he seems knowledgable enough to know that how hes acting is wrong. i just find it weird how hes. And concerning the trauma, yes it is not wrong to have truma but i personally thing its wrong to use it as a ecxuse for all his negative actions towards women.
ok now what i don't understand you saying is the negative part, i don't remember him being a piece of shit. he's just avoiding girls in general because it makes him puke. and you gotta know the fmc is weird enough to approach him with the "no friends so we should be friends" but when he tried to get her hang out with his friends she doesn't want to? i think his action in general is understandable as a teenager. do let me know if i misunderstood any part from here

Dex-chan lover
I think it’s along that line of thought, teenagers and kids especially enjoy creating patterns and boxing things/people in them, that why even elementary school kids are fascinated by rankings/tier lists and quantifying completely arbitrary things.

All of this is to say that, since teens are already likely to do this, it’s not that much of a stretch to imagine that japanese school life mixes that with their infamous and highly competitive education system. Where students are all forced to compare each other.

That being said, @malfoym the whole thing of “whispers around the characters” has always been an extremely stupid trope for me too because — not only is it a very transparent and forced way for the author to insert their narrative without any effort but it basically never makes logical sense, either in the narrative or in real life. Things like that should mostly be kept to through bubbles of individual characters.
whispers around the character? can you elaborate? sorry i don't get what you are saying. you can be direct about it if you want to explain it.

Dex-chan lover
they are supposed to be kids and they are acting like kids. Kids are fucking stupid and its normal.
Only annoying thing about this manga and whole lot others is;
All of them has these dipshit backround characters going "WOW DUDE YOU KNOW SO AND SO GIRL, IM SO JEALOUS MAN!"
Its clearly there to up your ego and show readers the value of "so and so".
But who the fuck talks like that irl.
Its even more annoying when its an established character does it, side character or wingman and such.
Now i ve never been in japan and never seen real living breathing japanese kids(thank god) so in reality i really dont know if they really do have these retarded convos.
But whenever i see mangakas do this shit,( either backround characters "whispering" about it or directly screaming at MCs face)
i wanna punch my monitor.
Its the most retarded obnoxious thing i swear. Beta cuck dickless MCs second that in my book. that fucking bad.
True that. I mean, NPCs just complaining about being jelly could've been tolerable, if it didn't usually devolve into "celibate brotherhoods" ("You get a girlfriend before us and think you can still call yourself our friend, traitor?!"), "relationship inquisitions" ("You are judged guilty for looking at school idol. Die!"), or guys like this blonde ("WTF do you think you are doing talking to a girl i've got no balls to confess to?!").

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's only been 4 chapter but I think people already forgot that Keisuke's goal is NOT to make more friends, nor even to overcome his trauma. That will probably be his inevitable endgame, but as of now: dude just wants to blend in. Not popular, not on the "bottom tier". Kusonoki wants to make friends, but ended up as the popular girl by complete happenstance.

So yea, while not likeable, Keisuke has been consistent with his goals. Plot is probably gonna be predictable, but expect this to be how he acts until we get towards the end.

Dex-chan lover
whispers around the character? can you elaborate? sorry i don't get what you are saying. you can be direct about it if you want to explain it.
It’s the thing you complained about, usually the trope of someone telling the MC/Us about a character is done with someone whispering in the BG, many times on the same page the characters are. Either that or an “exposition friend” like was the case here.

Is lazy since it doesn’t let us come to our own conclusions and just skips the character introductions many times.

Is neither realistic or helps the plot.

Dex-chan lover
Mfs people have dept daymn of course when you read about a character and they're anoyin ya it's course its a realistic representation of a person. Don't believe me look go outside but I know that's the real challenge for some of you

Dex-chan lover
It’s the thing you complained about, usually the trope of someone telling the MC/Us about a character is done with someone whispering in the BG, many times on the same page the characters are. Either that or an “exposition friend” like was the case here.

Is lazy since it doesn’t let us come to our own conclusions and just skips the character introductions many times.

Is neither realistic or helps the plot.
i get it now, but yeah i dont have issues with that. because im a straightforward person i dislike confusing things. i like spoilers so that tells a lot, i agree it is lazy tho

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Uhh what? So does she actually secretly like him after all? Don't tell me that bully girl also?

Sigh and here I thought it'd something different

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't the reason Mc was traumatized by her was because she acted "genuinely nice" to him then he figured out that was a lie?

And she was the only pretty girl that he really talked to in middle school...so by immature logic he kinda threw every pretty girl into the category of untrustworthy backstabbers.

if I remembered correctly with this then its kinda understandable but wrong to be so untrusting of pretty girls as to the Mc its a stereotype, the only way to fix this is to simply meet and get to know other pretty girls which IS happening in the story.
Try talking to the rise of the shield hero mc who becomes distrustful of a beautiful woman due to betrayal.
Even then it is so MANY WRONGS to lump one on beautiful girls = untrusting

Anyone else notice in this chapter how happy Hebikawa seemed to see ol' boy again? I mean to be fair she is both sinister in appearance and personality so it could be a ruse but for the moment she seems to be gaining interest in him. (Probably without having made the connection of who he actually is) I foresee an interesting situation involving her in the future.

Dex-chan lover
they are supposed to be kids and they are acting like kids. Kids are fucking stupid and its normal.
Only annoying thing about this manga and whole lot others is;
All of them has these dipshit backround characters going "WOW DUDE YOU KNOW SO AND SO GIRL, IM SO JEALOUS MAN!"
Its clearly there to up your ego and show readers the value of "so and so".
But who the fuck talks like that irl.
Its even more annoying when its an established character does it, side character or wingman and such.
Now i ve never been in japan and never seen real living breathing japanese kids(thank god) so in reality i really dont know if they really do have these retarded convos.
But whenever i see mangakas do this shit,( either backround characters "whispering" about it or directly screaming at MCs face)
i wanna punch my monitor.
Its the most retarded obnoxious thing i swear. Beta cuck dickless MCs second that in my book. that fucking bad.
That's a feature of Manga and Lightnovels, not a bug. Right up with the group of guys trying to pick up a girl while her boyfriend is getting them drinks, and having to explain to everyone what type of relationship you have with someone. Like you I have know idea how true to reality this stuff is.

I do know all the big breasted women get groped by the less endowed ones when they go to the bath. That HAS to be true and isn't annoying at all.

Dex-chan lover
Try talking to the rise of the shield hero mc who becomes distrustful of a beautiful woman due to betrayal.
Even then it is so MANY WRONGS to lump one on beautiful girls = untrusting
Only difference there is Mc in this story is only betrayed by 1 pretty girl and a few others, Naofumi got betrayed by an ENTIRE KINGDOME and is forced to protect them, so yeah for Naofumi I 100% understand his resentment towards the main perpetrator and anything like her.

LN Naofumi is kind of a morally questionably character most of the time and its kind of never treated as the RIGHT thing by anyone except other morally questionably characters (slave merchant, shady merchant assassin bro, and a few others).

Fed-Kun's army
ok now what i don't understand you saying is the negative part, i don't remember him being a piece of shit. he's just avoiding girls in general because it makes him puke. and you gotta know the fmc is weird enough to approach him with the "no friends so we should be friends" but when he tried to get her hang out with his friends she doesn't want to? i think his action in general is understandable as a teenager. do let me know if i misunderstood any part from here
The part I'm going on about is the part near the end of the chapter when they are on the phone. Everything before that I get as part of his character. Like the avoiding women cause it makes him uncomfortable. The part that I question and find weird was how you notice he's socially adept enough to make friends and talk to them and joke. So to me that implies an pretty good understanding of social norms especially if he went and changed himself for high school. So to see him in a phone call and just causally say that someone would be a better friend to her than him despite her protests and then be so confused as to why she was upset. I just find that strange as it just seems like he lost all knowledge of what words can hurt people. I only say this from when I was in high school, as I knew that even if I was to suggest something like that to someone for whatever reason and they got upset I'd know that it's cause what I said hurt them even when I was socially awkward with all kinds of people. But yeah his actions are understandable but his obliviousness to her feelings because if his actions is just strange. To me at least.

Dex-chan lover
The part I'm going on about is the part near the end of the chapter when they are on the phone. Everything before that I get as part of his character. Like the avoiding women cause it makes him uncomfortable. The part that I question and find weird was how you notice he's socially adept enough to make friends and talk to them and joke. So to me that implies an pretty good understanding of social norms especially if he went and changed himself for high school. So to see him in a phone call and just causally say that someone would be a better friend to her than him despite her protests and then be so confused as to why she was upset. I just find that strange as it just seems like he lost all knowledge of what words can hurt people. I only say this from when I was in high school, as I knew that even if I was to suggest something like that to someone for whatever reason and they got upset I'd know that it's cause what I said hurt them even when I was socially awkward with all kinds of people. But yeah his actions are understandable but his obliviousness to her feelings because if his actions is just strange. To me at least.
i think it's because he still wanted to avoid her fully, I can understand this because I myself when I can see it troublesome I will avoid it to the best I could even if I hurt somebody like getting feeling abandoned. but honestly this could just be another mc syndrome where they don't get a clue about something so obvious and stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell she got cat eyes?

Ok but Kusonoki is adorable and I hope this doesn't just turn into a basic-bitch harem guy thing

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kuzunoki already having feelings for him would explain her actions, as well as main guy's obliviousness to it. It's hard to notice interest from someone you're scared of.

Users who are viewing this thread