Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Whether kusunoki’s angry or not is none of my business

I'm thankful for a little progress. I just hope this manga isn't going to be a slow burn where they might hold hands by chapter 100. Because there really isn't much going on here besides dumbass realizing hot girl likes him.

Dex-chan lover
@Doutorfunga

Hilariously pathetic. So you've admitted that nowhere does the story say she has romantic feelings for him currently. So you've admitted that you're just making crap up to suit your fantasy.

News flash. They can grow to have romantic feelings. That means they don't have them right now.

You can't even admit that your whole point falls apart without your made up crap. Simp wall. Simp wall. Simp wall.

Let me break it down for you. She literally said out loud to him please help me make friends. He tries to help her make friends, and she gets angry at him for doing what she asked. Then you come in, make up crap to justify your simp position, and then you get angry when I call you out on it.

Hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, never have seen a comment section this malded over a dumb highschool romance manga like this lol

Please keep the discussion going, loving all these comments
If you think this is malding, you haven't seen anything yet. Take a look at stupid crap like Rental Girlfriend. College romance, but same same.

FR, though. I've mentioned before I don't actually care that much. I still think I'm right about what I said and people who disagree are wrong, but it's whatever. People are going to be stupid in the internet. Water is wet.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The worse decision ML ever did is to introduce FL with that stupid male friend and think it is better for her to start make friend with that kind of person.

Dex-chan lover
This was stupid. She thought he was trying to push her away? She literally had asked for help in making friends!

Let me make this clear for anyone who can't read. I have no issue with her saying she is uncomfortable with boys. That's whatever.

The problem is her how she got angry at the MC for him trying to do exactly what she asked him to do, and her not explaining things properly.

I hate these stories where the MC just accepts the blame all himself even though she is partially to blame. It's crap.
He was trying to help her make friends, sure. But he has treated her as a burden this whole time. She felt he was trying to get rid of her. Which we know he was sense we can see his thoughts.

This was all ecause he was afraid of being emotionally hurt. Hopefully from this point on he will be more open with her about his feelings as he has learned keeping his distance from her hurts her.

Dex-chan lover
Let me break it down for you. She literally said out loud to him please help me make friends. He tries to help her make friends, and she gets angry at him for doing what she asked.

Except he wasn't actually setting up an introduction for friends, he was acting as an intermediary for a hookup. She was right to be offended and MC was an idiot for not picking up on her very obvious discomfort. And of course she was also right about him treating her as unwanted baggage. Lame ass MC was only concerned about keeping a low profile and not about actually helping FeMC with her problem interacting with people.

Supporter
I thought mc is doing ok so far but looking here ig not many of us share the same opinion, so far we know bunch of reasons why he is that way and we can see that the fmc is extremely depending on him.

So i can see why he sometimes uncomfortable with her as HE IS ALSO JUST DEBUT TO HIS HIGH SCHOOL. I mean he also unfamiliar with all of this. But ig you guys decide to shrug it off lol bcz "fmc is beautiful so she is flawless".

Lol.
Absolutely this. He doesn't know what he's doing, he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing, and he has no one to guide him in the right direction. He's flailing. He's gonna keep flailing. I've said it before here but, if he gets ANYTHING right, it's an absolute miracle. But, dammit, he keeps at it. Kusunoki has a growth arc ahead of her as well but he's doing everything possible to push through his own AND hers at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
@Chronigan And those are valid criticisms of him. And he accepted that himself and apologized.

Meanwhile,she did not realize how crap she was being. She did not realize that she was literally ignoring what she had said to him. She never apologized, and she probably walked away thinking she did nothing wrong.

@Doutorfunga

Ironic coming from you, but whatever. I'm just posting comments on a manga. Apparently, that counts as pissing and moaning. You're way too fragile.

@ciera

And you're ignoring how she was already upset last chapter, when all he did was send her a message about it. She was already upset, regardless of if Shizuki's friend turned out to be the nicest person in the world.

Youre also ignoring how Shizuki literally told Kusunoki that he would help her out only until she got friends of her own. He said that directly to her. What did she do? She got mad and angry at him for approaching their relationship entirely in line with that.

Again, I say for the millionth time. Yes, Shizuki is at fault. But you're just ignoring all of Kusunoki's faults and pretending like she is so great even though she is literally also at fault.

Dex-chan lover
Except he wasn't actually setting up an introduction for friends, he was acting as an intermediary for a hookup. She was right to be offended and MC was an idiot for not picking up on her very obvious discomfort. And of course she was also right about him treating her as unwanted baggage. Lame ass MC was only concerned about keeping a low profile and not about actually helping FeMC with her problem interacting with people.
I don't know if I'd use the word hookup as that has more of a seedy one night stand connotation to me.

To me it felt more that she was upset that the baka didn't understand that she wasn't interested in being friends with just anyone but with him specifically.

It seems she has been interested in him since middle school, or at least had her eye on him since then.

His misunderstanding was probably at least inpart due to his own self worth issues. Hopefully seing how his actions hurt her, and learning that she wants to be his friend specifically, he will be more considerate in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaw, you clueless idiots. Looking forward to seeing how it'll progress, though it's something I've a lot of.

Double-page supporter
I know how annoying clingy people can be. The girl needs to at least learn how to interact with boys comfortably (since, y'know, they make up 50% of the population...)
And contrary to popular belief, it's ok for the MC to not be interested in having a close relationship with any girl that shows interest in him......... but he's started having feelings for her too, since this is that type of story. The events that led up to this point very slightly bothered me but whatever.
Right? People only rooting for this because she's hot. Imagine for yourself one day, a random acquaintance just cling to you because you are the only person they know. And while you try to find new friends for them so they will have a life outside of you, they refuse and keep pushing themselves to you. It's suffocating.

Fed-Kun's army
I swear I fucking love english comment section (im spanish). People discuss with actual good points. I also feel like there are not that much of young young people, and I like that. Though i'm not that old

Dex-chan lover
The male lead is a coward
Disappointing
Coward because he doesnt jump every girl he sees like you?

lmao that'd be just pathetic and desperate

Right? People only rooting for this because she's hot. Imagine for yourself one day, a random acquaintance just cling to you because you are the only person they know. And while you try to find new friends for them so they will have a life outside of you, they refuse and keep pushing themselves to you. It's suffocating.

according to many people here thats their dream apparently and male lead is a coward for not liking it :D

Treat her better? By listing to her request to help her make friends? Which he literally was doing!

No, what you want is for the MC to be not only a mind reader but also a future predictor. You want the MC to know what she is thinking and what she will want in the future, all without her saying anything.

The FL is too good for him? She is literally to blame for this situation too!

I'll be clear. I don't hate her. The problem are all of these simping comments like herp derp, she's so good.
Its cuz all these dudes never talked to a woman in their life, they think simping and worshipping them is the only choice.

Users who are viewing this thread