Kusunoki's Flunking Her High School Glow-Up - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - With a communication disorder, friends of friends may as well be enemies

Dex-chan lover
I really hope that she ends up not being a bad girl... like, let's be real... our MC has a lot of insecurities...

So he might have just remembered the event worse than it was...

Like, his real greatest enemy is himself.... I'd actually prefer that...
Why should she be redeemed as misunderstanding her? Nothing about her up to this point has given anyone a reason to feel sympathy for her.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope that she ends up not being a bad girl... like, let's be real... our MC has a lot of insecurities...

So he might have just remembered the event worse than it was...

Like, his real greatest enemy is himself.... I'd actually prefer that...
Last chapter she had a real Evil Can't Comprehend Good moment when she was leaving FMC. Saying that no one is actually that nice of a person. She's definitely a bitch, but a bitch that might be redeemable with enough effort.

Dex-chan lover
Why should she be redeemed as misunderstanding her? Nothing about her up to this point has given anyone a reason to feel sympathy for her.
It's not about redeeming... it's about writing quality... just making her a plain jane villain just feels so boring.

And we already know he has some psychological issues due to his own insecurities... which he takes out on FMC and his sister...

So if that becomes the real issue rather than her being an enemy, it'd be a way more interesting story....

Last chapter she had a real Evil Can't Comprehend Good moment when she was leaving FMC. Saying that no one is actually that nice of a person. She's definitely a bitch, but a bitch that might be redeemable with enough effort.
1st, we only have the MC's perspective for the most part

2nd, she's just surprised she's so nice, not that she herself has to be horrible...

3rd, this is just what I wish, because an antagonist is just so plain boring and we always have them.....

It'd be better for character growth and writing if he is his own enemy... and it's his own insecurities making things worse than they were...

The good old, "it was just a misunderstanding". How refreshing. Haven't seen that in a thousand manga before.

Less about it being a misunderstanding and more it being his own insecurities... because he's not the classic "nice protagonist"

Our MC is actually kinda an a**hole.... which changes things.

And we already see signs of him victimizing himself quite a bit.

So it'd be less a misunderstanding and more him making things worse than they really are....

She doesn't have to really care about or like him or sh*t like that (that's also be boring), but more that she just wasn't as bad as he's making her out to be....

Hell, she could actually forget about him...

Dex-chan lover
say “uninterested” and just walk away.

girl like that is a goddamn menace to your social life.

Supporter
My man's glow-up was successful enough to fool his tormentor...on the outside, anyway.

Supporter
Interesting... I'm on board to see where this goes. Hebikawa changed her name, right? I'm thinking divorced or remarried parents, and the thing that happened in middle school was when her family life was really bad. Remember that a lot of bullies are like that because of problems in their own lives; they make themselves feel better by bullying others. It's not right of course, but I think we should still have some empathy for those who are in a bad situation and can only find relief by tormenting others. Mostly likely they don't feel good inside themselves.

Dex-chan lover
C'mon guys, don't jump to conclusions! Maybe she really does want to be friends, you know? Turn over a new leaf? :worry:

Supporter
I think this still has the potential to have dynamic and fun character interactions. Like snake girl getting betaMC wrapped around her finger, putting him in a tight spot trying to compromise between the two girls, with a hectic comedy angle. Better not just turn snake into a mellow character after unveiling her weakness in 5 chapters, making room for more girls to enter the scene. Pleeease don’t turn this into a shitty harem story.

Dex-chan lover
This is such a bizarre, stupid line getting treated like a heartwarming moment. Did this potato of an MC ever tell Kusonoki that Hebikawa is a spiteful turd?

TBF that's his personal perception of Hebikawa. I wouldn't wanna let my personal beef get in-between others unless what that person did was absolutely dangerous. IDK if we got the full picture yet, but all we know is that Keisuke feels like he was betraryed and used by Hebikawa... a dick move but not necessarily a spiteful turd (I mean let's face it, we've seen Keisuke so far, we can't rule out he may have cringed himself a bit).

Why should she be redeemed as misunderstanding her?

while her put down sounds relatable, we still don't have that much more context on what exactly Hebikawa did. and only in Keisuke's brief perspective of overhearing a conversation behind his back.

She is clearly a schemer given last chapter, but last chapter's end did show she isn't quite a full on Mean Girl Regina trying to seize all school clout by any means. I wanna see if she is sincerely sorry, and then get a full rundown of Keisuke's middle school experience.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Interesting Kusunoki's Line dp is a tree. Well her family name Kusunoki is the japanese name for the Camphor tree after all.
Anyway, my goodness Hebikawa, it seems that the snake has set her eyes on new prey.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hebikawa is a girl worthy of being a sacrifice for Dara-san in another manga.

Double-page supporter
She is indeed, a gril
0KWWuia.png
Iunno chief, still could be a boy to me

Aggregator gang
"Don't keep me in the dark like this, please tell me the truth. We're friends, right?"

This is such a bizarre, stupid line getting treated like a heartwarming moment. Did this potato of an MC ever tell Kusonoki that Hebikawa is a spiteful turd? He was apparently too much of a fucking loser to not let his extremely sensitive friend walk into what he knew was a Mean Girl Trap?
Does the manga author care about character consistency? Do the readers? Does anyone?
He hasn't actually talked to her in who knows how long. For all he knows, Hebikawa has changed, especially because she wants to be friends with Kusunoki. He's not 100% sure, so talking bad about Hebikawa could be sabotaging a potential relationship his friend could form with another girl her age

Users who are viewing this thread