Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - She is the trauma that still haunts me to this day

Group Leader
Where is Shizuka aaahhh :notlikethis: the next chapter misunderstanding it's gonna be crazy lol

Tjat's why he didn't say anything. Though if your friend, who has the social experience of a new born, is about to get involfed with a dangerous snake, shouldn't you warn them?
Yeah, but he doesn't have completely clear if she treated him like that because she was bad, or because he actually deserved it. His self-confidence, especially from that time, is at rock bottom

Double-page supporter
If she still didn't recognize him before, now she does, look at the close up on her face when she hears his name...

Supporter
That girl is a predator… seriously though he should have just explained why he didn’t want to do that introduction and avoided this whole situation

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, but he doesn't have completely clear if she treated him like that because she was bad, or because he actually deserved it. His self-confidence, especially from that time, is at rock bottom
Fair enough.

Dex-chan lover
That girl is a predator… seriously though he should have just explained why he didn’t want to do that introduction and avoided this whole situation
Thank you! If he was a r*pe victim then that would make perfect sense why he wouldn't wanna talk about that to anyone

But nah, all that happened was he overheard her badmouthing him behind his back, basically messing with his feelings. There was no reason for him to keep that from Shizuka

Dex-chan lover
How is he gonna hope to get over this trauma if he just keeps that bottled up inside
It sucks that spineless potato MCs that get shat out for "romantic comedies" are what readers identify with.
she shunned you when it wasn't convenient for her image, that's it, how is he having such a freaking visceral reaction?
Welcome to being a boy in modern society.
It's not like he was a victim of sexual assault, he only found out he was being emotionally played with, that's it
And that's why men don't get therapy.

Dex-chan lover
Tjat's why he didn't say anything. Though if your friend, who has the social experience of a new born, is about to get involfed with a dangerous snake, shouldn't you warn them?
The thing with what that person said about "sensitive topic". He's treating it like it was legit trauma, I'm talking about the same type of trauma an abuse victim would have

"Wow, she acted like she liked me, but she's saying all of this while she thinks I'm not present"

I mean sure that would give someone trust issues, but not to the point where they can't tell ANYONE about it. People go thru that on a daily basis, it's not serious to the point where someone would actually struggle to talk to someone about it

MC should've told Shizuka the truth about her

Dex-chan lover
Welcome to being a boy in modern society.

And that's why men don't get therapy.
That's not my point, my original point was, if Shizuka is his friend, and she starts hanging out with a girl that traumatized him, and that girl wanted to be friends with him, it would be logical to let Shizuka know: "you know the whole issue I have with talking to women? Yea, she's the cause of it"

How is that so hard to say??

Oh and I currently talk to a psychologist about issues I have, I'm not one of those people that believes in bottling stuff inside, doing that will eat you from the inside out

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's not my point, my original point was, if Shizuka is his friend, and she starts hanging out with a girl that traumatized him, and that girl wanted to be friends with him, it would logical to let Shizuka know "you know the whole issue I have with talking to women? Yea, she's the cause of it"

How is that so hard to say??
Because modern women are two-faced, hypocritical bitches who will only go along with whatever works better for them.

When men have been told that women like to be opened up to and show weakness to them, and they do exactly that, they're basically giving them ammo to throw back at them and demean them more. Furthermore, modern women don't usually like weak, ill-willed, ugly men. They want those that are strong, handsome, and wealthy.

So where does that leave MC? He worked hard to become better looking, at least. He can't do anything about his family's wealth. Strong? He obviously isn't at his core, but 'fake it until you make it' is a phrase for a reason. And what's the best image for a strong man? One who doesn't back down, crumble into tears, and just keep quiet of his inner turmoils. Shizuka is relying on MC for help in making new girl friends, and while I don't know yet whether he wants to keep being friends with her, he fears that revealing his inner turmoil with the snake-eyed bitch will not only change her opinion to him, but he'll also be subjected to that same torment again. Forget whether Shizuka will be friends with snake eyes, he's trying to look out for himself, and I can't blame him.

Dex-chan lover
That vomit? That's years of karma festering in MC's stomach finally coming back to pay its due. Sure, he could have avoided this awkward moment if he just refused outright, but I'm partially glad things turned out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread