Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 72 - The Fox And The Raccoon Dog Match Wits

Dex-chan lover
Hostage? -> How do I escape and maybe safe the hostage…
New Medicine!!? -> I will follow!

Maomao being honest to her desires is always fun to see (even moreso in this arc).

I guess Lakan is similar in that aspect of running like mad to things they care about. Had he found out about Maomao missing he will destroy everything on his path to her.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't the mangaka get arrested? How is this still coming out?

EDIT: https://x.com/stalemate/status/1796482758426107960

Nekokurage, the artist of THIS adaptation, pleads guilty to 47 million ten in tax evasion. This thread is full of people who decided to ping me without doing any research of their own. The reason translations are still coming out is because there's a backlog.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What? Never heard of that news, any actual news coverage proof? Last news I heard is the manga artist got diagnosed with brain aneurysm after having heavy headache, and no mention at all about "arresting" her. Perhaps you're mistaken with someone else.

Edit: after looking it up more I found that she indeed got charged with tax evasion due to not reporting her income in time but it has been dealt with now by paying the full amount of tax owed plus penalty it seems so all is good.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Lakan saw through the body double on the spot I would bet, and he definitely did the usual stuff of hiding barbed hints in his usual insane ramblings, and of course he also wanted to talk about Go and his wife. Probably the only who actually wants to her that is the emperor's go instructor.

So if these scary people are a Fox, a Racoon, a Hunting Dog then Maomao's is a Cat. This story likes using animal motifs for various characters. I do wonder what Jinshi will land at eventually.

That was the other manga. This franchise has two manga adaptations.

Aggregator gang
The one who was arrested was the other manga's artist.

Thanks for the translation and...

cover10.jpg

MORE! MORE!

Dex-chan lover
What volume is this and how many chapters do they spend overall adapting one volume? I'm confused and can't understand how far they've gone from the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread