Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ~Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Maomao And The Curse

Double-page supporter
Woah this one feels more josei than the alternate version. I'm liking it so far!

Thanks to the scanlators!

Apparently this series has better pacing but I liked the previous one more. But we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, you know what, this one won me over with that last page. I don't remember any expression half as hilarious as that one in the other version.

It's good enough to reread anyway, getting to reread it in a different art style is just a bonus.

Hi there is a KnH server and it gets wild sometimes but we would welcome anyone interested~ (some of the scanslation team is from here)

https://discord.gg/VdZnBq6

Dex-chan lover
@Ktoromto
There are benefits and disadvantages to both, i believe the one that's been going on for a while is somewhat of a more manga-ized take on the story and this one's more closely based on the light novel, though not sure the exact spread.

Wow that last page expression tho

OMG, doesn't jinshi renshi looks so celestial maiden-like in the cover art?
*Don't know if the other ver also has him in gorgeous attire like that

What do GX edition and BG version stand for? I liked the other art more, but this is fine too.

Thanks for asking that, @Einya, and thanks for answering @culturedalchemist - I had no idea what the abbreviations meant either.

On a different note: Is it just me or is the other one's art closer to the style in the LN? Though I've only seen the covers so far so maybe not?
I have no complaints about the art, it is just different, not bad IMO. More Maomao isn't a bad thing, waiting for the English LN to come out on the 14th (I could read the prepubs but if I'm buying it anyway I wait)

Aggregator gang
Gotta say I prefer the other one's art a bit but this is nice too. Thanks for picking it up!

Kinda hard to get through this because of how Mao Mao feels so much more like a generic shoujo protag than the demented poison connoisseur that we know and love, a feeling compounded by the much more generic art. But I'm still willing to give it a chance, I guess.

The art here isn't as pretty, and I like the more comedic take of the Square Enix manga, but Maomao's disgusted face is more on point here. The characters also look their age more. The novel can be confusing sometimes so it's nice to have more adaptations helping to explain stuff. This story is worth reading multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread