Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 12 Ch. 59.2 - Ghost Story (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
We all expected the dangers of lighting fire in an enclosed space but I sure didn't expect that ghost story. Spooky, I love these kinds of horror stories. Not something I expected from this story but much welcomed.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
anybody get the monk story?
I had to read ahead a little to understand the context, but here's the explanation
The couple are two bell crickets. In extreme cases, the female cricket will cannibalize the male cricket after mating. Here, the wife attempted to use the visiting monk as a substitute, but he managed to protect himself with the sutra.
Not really a spoiler at all, but the context does come from a future chapter (and is vaguely relevant to that chapter) so spoilered just in case.

Dex-chan lover
unknown.png

Dex-chan lover
Wait I don't get it.
Was the older beautiful lady that opened the door last chapter, the one with the mole near her mouth (the host lady). Is she a ghost or something or is that just Headmaid having some fun making things up?

Because Maomao noticed there was only 12 people in the room last Chapter when she heard there is 13 stories. And yet 12 is indeed the final story and nobody spooked that host lady disappeared and everyone went home?

Dex-chan lover
I'm excited to see how the anime will draw maomaos scars.

And whether jinshi will sell like hotcakes

Double-page supporter
I had to read ahead a little to understand the context, but here's the explanation
The couple are two bell crickets. In extreme cases, the female cricket will cannibalize the male cricket after mating. Here, the wife attempted to use the visiting monk as a substitute, but he managed to protect himself with the sutra.
Not really a spoiler at all, but the context does come from a future chapter (and is vaguely relevant to that chapter) so spoilered just in case.

Oh thanks for this explanation. I figured that was the case, but I couldn't tell what the insect was

Dex-chan lover

Oh, it all makes sense now, thanks! What great foreshadowing. I’m no novel reader but I might just get into that one, story is great so far.

Dex-chan lover
MaoMao thinks Shi Sui looks familiar. I'm guessing she's maybe a relative of Sui Rei who ended up getting away, but hard to say. I also have a guess as to why Sui Rei was targeting Jinshi too. Can't wait to see more!

Dex-chan lover
Wait I don't get it.
Was the older beautiful lady that opened the door last chapter, the one with the mole near her mouth (the host lady). Is she a ghost or something or is that just Headmaid having some fun making things up?

Because Maomao noticed there was only 12 people in the room last Chapter when she heard there is 13 stories. And yet 12 is indeed the final story and nobody spooked that host lady disappeared and everyone went home?
the 13th story is told by Honnyan about the dead host.

Fed-Kun's army
Good ghost stories. I bet Mao Mao herself would like to research if human livers could be used for anything.
There a reason her old man forbade her from getting anywhere near human corpse LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread