Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

There's a lot of liberties with a that metal alloy thing, unless it's literally lead.

Double-page supporter
man my eyes just glaze over when they start talking about those mysteries

@mammon IDK either I finished it up until the latest and TBH I was gonna re-read it from the continuation of the current chap but I gave up looking for it. I'm just gonna re-read it from the start LOL

omg why i just find this amazing series today, love this

love the character's personality

can't wait until next month

Yeh

I liked the story a lot more when she was still under lady Guyoku's service. That gave an interesting view into the lives of the highest nobles and their servants. I dislike the crime solving direction this manga is going to, as looking for clues and such isn't as interesting as the slice of life part of this.

The characters are great. The main characters are entertaining and even the side characters have interesting backgrounds.

It's more a Josei for me but I guess the barrier is sometimes fine between the two, because of that I miss masterpieces like this as I only look for josei. In any case I strongly recommend the heroin is incredibly interesting as the story is well constructed. It is in the police style but in addition the author has the documented historical level contrary to certain manga, webtoon

the thing i love the most here is the character themselves but there are times that it shows some really sick (as in awesome) moments like something from Raise wa Tanin ga Ii

Double-page supporter
I'm really happy there's a great historical manga with Chinese imperial setting. Got tired of pseudo-western nobility and Japanese warlord setting.

I really want this manga to get an anime adaptation, i just can't imagine how good it can be with voice actors , soundtracks and animation 😭

Dex-chan lover
ah reading the novel confused me.. but in this chapter, it is almost clear that Jinshi is the son of current emperor and the second child of dowager is the one that passed away
Although it is sad that Maomao's adoptive dad that received the punishment for this plot
Jinshi also have three positions, as Jinshi, crown prince, and emperor's little brother

Thank you for clear translation..
can't wait for Ra Kan vs Mao Mao though
I'm curious which plot are they going for.. the Web Novel or Light Novel

re-reading the chapters from start to now, one of most intriguing features of this work is the contradictory and realistic character of Maomao. When she's talking whin Jinshi she's bold, fearless, and humble at same time. She doesn't bear too much the childish sides of Jinshi, and sometimes she scolds him, but she's concious of her low level in the civil rank. Moreover, she seems to be without a real life will, being interested only to poison and medicinal herbs. It's an interesting way to depict her traumas from childhood (see chapter 29, for ex. page 1 of 29.1 and page 5 of 29.2).

Users who are viewing this thread