KyoAni Gofundme/Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
To add insult to injury, KyoAni is known for treating its animators humanely -- by anime industry standards. It's just a senseless tragedy all around.

Group Leader
This is just messed up. I hope the studio will recover and the victims will Rest In Peace.

Fed-Kun's army
@Panino any amount of money can help, probably not for the deceased but to the families of the deceased. The money can also used to rebuild the studio. The building might be gone but kyoani isnt hopefully

Power Uploader
Also you can buy some illustrations (digital) on Kyoani official shop. https://kyoani.shop-pro.jp/

Since Japanese companies have a history of refusing financial aid, it may be more productive to buy merch off one of their official shops instead. KyoAni's official site lists 3 different stores - one international (that apparently only ships to the US), one mail-order style merch site, and one digital goods site. Out of the three, I'd suggest buying from the digital goods site since they don't have to worry about packing anything up at this stressful time.

@Synically
If you don't mind speculation this is from 5ch via 4ch
>Apparently, it's a train otaku mad about the KyoAni building attracting a pilgrimage of anime otaku and ruining the scenery near a train spotting location.
>Plus, Hibike had a baritone sax solo that people abbreviated as "barisaku". Coincidentally, "barisaku" was the abbreviation he personally used for another train spotting related term, バリバリ観光してサクッと撮りましょう.
>So basically, he felt his hobby was personally attacked.

the only aspect i think confirmed is the perp claiming kyoani "stole/plagarised" him in some aspect.
EDIT
1563486645546.png

Dex-chan lover
Christ. Biggest attack in Japan since the war, too.

Please, though, don't give money to middle men, foreign ones at that who have little to do with KyoAni. There's better ways to show support than throwing money at people who aren't even directly affected.

Already confirmed death directors:

Ishihara Tatsuya (https://myanimelist.net/people/5055/Tatsuya_Ishihara)
Ishidate Taichi (https://myanimelist.net/people/8129/Taichi_Ishidate)

Kawanami Eisaku (https://myanimelist.net/people/8116/Eisaku_Kawanami)
Nishida Futoshi (https://myanimelist.net/people/7729/Futoshi_Nishiya)
Kadowaki Miku (https://myanimelist.net/people/34825/Miku_Kadowaki)

Contributor
@pizzapicante27
Provide a reputable source (that means not some random Twitter or 4chan post) or don't throw around stuff like this, thanks.

Dex-chan lover
I don't normally give money away like that but even I felt compelled this time. I don't even have money to be giving away like that but I did anyway lol

Contributor
I learned about this from here. I'm very saddened to hear about it, Haruhi is one of the first series that I totally enjoyed.
My heart goes out to the victims of the attack and their families.

TMW

I've read through a number of news sites, and according to police the attacker had no connection to the company. A local woman who found him hiding in her yard after the attack said he told the police Kyoani had ripped him off or stolen his ideas (There might be some translation problems here, since I've seen his statement translated in different ways on different sites). I haven't seen even rumours that the attacker was in any way connected to the industry.

The attacker has second degree burns and according to the woman who found him had skin peeling off his body. For whatever it's worth to you, he'll spend the rest of his life in pain.

Double-page supporter
@Mikufan1001 @Holo @Dysisa @pizzapicante27
NONE of those deaths have been confirmed, only that those people are missing, and as has been said, Ishihara and Ishidate are both safe. As far as I can tell, we only have a body count, not identities. That said, how optimistic we should be after this period of time is a whole other thing.

#PrayForKyoani
This is premeditated murder. That person can be punished by death penalty. Can you imagine, 33 people! I'm lying sick today, my head feels dizzy, and I'm getting depressed when scrolling my twitter timeline. I don't feel like having fun every time there are an illustrator who posted beautiful pictures, funny cats, my Okikagu doujin, or interesting news about comic release activities in Japan. Putting aside the name of the Kyoani employee they wear, their lives died pointlessly. I can't imagine those who are confused looking for a way out when the piles of paper and ink burn more and they can't breathe properly.

Also, about this activity .... I had expected the fundraising could lead to pros and cons. But whatever way you do it; buying merchandise, BD, or donations --- in my opinion, is not a problem. There is no compulsion.

I agree that money will not be exchanged for someone's life, and even doing this could question the ethics of modesty about people who passed away. But on the one hand I also don't see anything wrong if you really sincerely help, whatever the money will be used for, because KyoAni will eventually follow the procedure and there is insurance for it, this can also be seen as the large number of supporters who feel a big loss about this incident. That's much better than someone who speaks ill.

The talented people have to die at the hands of crazy people who make unreasonable reasons. I really want to say rude, humanity can be a bastard. And this kind of person destroys it.
**Be careful by dropping assumptions with scattered rumors.

The first news i see after waking up had to be another bad one. I hope that they recover quickly

Dex-chan lover
Fuck me man when i see this news at my office on tv ,suddenly i shock no word can express my sadness on this one, i mean how and why did this happen to those talented people working providing their family and themselves, pursue their craft, while spreading happiness. Fortunately Japan still have capital punishment, because this fuck don't deserve to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread