Kyou mo Kitansu ka, Yoda-senpai.

Dex-chan lover
Oh look, another basic-ass teasing rom-com that's light on the "rom" except in the flustered reactions of the "she can't really think of me as anything, I'm just a worthless husk" protagonist.

-sigh-

followed.

Dex-chan lover
It seems like I thought of the same joke as everyone else when I first saw the title.

Dex-chan lover
It’s basically a formulaic, pure fluff, 4-6 page teasing romcom. Every chapter, the protagonist is teased by his older sister’s friend in some way after school. She does something cute to give him signals, he blushes and denies liking her, chapter ends.

Because it’s short and episodic, there’s not really any overarching progress or character development. Everything is very static and it’s one of those manga where it could go 300 chapters without breaking the status quo. It’s inoffensive but unsubstantial.

6/10 for me. It’s not bad but there’s also not enough here to really be invested in these characters or their will-they/won’t-they romance, and the comedy falls a little too flat to call this a romcom.

This is, at least in my opinion, something mindlessly enjoyable to read in between updates for better, more satisfying manga.

Edit: While there is incremental story progress, it doesn’t begin until chapter 18. This means nothing really happens for what would be the first 3 volumes of this series, and not much happens within the 32 chapters translated so far, albeit the pacing does pick up slightly. I wanted to be transparent with my review by correcting myself as I read further, but this is still very much glacial pacing when compared to many romance series elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread