Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi

Dex-chan lover
lol dat indo desc. the writer is a man of culture. i hope we get an eng scanlation

Double-page supporter
was this google translated? there was a lot of broken English but also a lot of semi-fluent English... so... either the TLer was using google translate or they only have limited knowledge of English?

regardless of which, I suggest finding someone fluent in English and jap to more effectively translate while current Tler takes an editing or typesetting/cleaning role as it seems that's what they'd be best at. or practice English a lot. chapter 1 is 50/50 split in regards to how much broken English there is... but the rest of it was not bad, not the best, but leaps and bounds better than the rest of it was.

Dex-chan lover
Bad proofreading and terrible pacing. Thanks for the chapter regardless. Not too often you see isekai occur because you were murdered during VR.

Double-page supporter
In the LN, there was a lot of internal monologuing and a lack of character interaction as a result, hopefully, having manga as the medium instead will fix that.

Group Leader
Guys, i translated it from Spanish, i does not dominate Japanese, that's why I'm fixing this. Sorry for that :(

Aggregator gang
You know it's going to be a shitty plot/story when the on the cover the main character is sidelined for the fap-bait fanservice maid. But I've been told it's unwise to judge a book by it's cover so maybe I'll give this a couple chapters... no real hope though.

Huh?

Bad pacing, story didn't help either. Rather than spending half of the chapter on flashy action scene, they should have focused more on mc backstory before going out.

Thanks. definitely need better translation and proofreading.

and just as gaigous said before me. this manga need more typesetting.

Dex-chan lover
This is bad and I don't think a better translation can fix it.

Plot? i didnt come here for plot. who the hell wants plot, character progression and back story anyway.?

Contributor
I didn't get much so I tried looking at the RAW too and yeah, translation are not accurate.
Like for example:

-Page 9: "Who would have thought that I was looking at my wife's son! Only Byron-sama is right!"
[They are from a different mother]

That stuff about the wife's son on the second panel, I didn't get what that noble guy tried to say, I thought he was referencing to the maid as she was his wife or something.

The RAW says instead something like (not entirely accurate but you'll get it):
"Who do you think is looking after the child of that mistress!? It's me, Byron-sama/the great Byron, isn't it!?"
[Brothers from a different mother, Byron and Daryl]

With that, I understand now that the MC is in fact an illegitimate child. Moreover, we get to know Byron's little brother name.

-Page 10: "Sit him, insolent"
"Go back"
"Air Wall!!"
"Since when you can use magic?"
"And without saying the spell..."

For this one, I'll just translate the whole page from the RAW.

"Don't get full of yourself!!/You insolent!!"
"Step back."
"Air Bullet!"
"Since when you can use such magic?!"
"And without any chants..."

There's a difference, isn't it? And the attack's name was really Air Bullet.

-Page 11: "You do not want to save your cute sister"
I didn't know the one who's drowning was a girl. I thought for sure that person was a guy or maybe could it be a tomboy?

"Go save him, it's your cute/dear little brother, right?"
In the RAW, it was written as "Otouto" and not "Imouto" which proves he was a male.

At this point, I'm wondering if it's a rewrite. English isn't even my first language but I still do know when sentences don't make a sense.
I want to say it's a great effort when trying to translate (because I do know it's not an easy thing to do and not everything is wrong) but still...

Users who are viewing this thread