Kyuuseishu «Messiah» ~Isekai o Sukutta Motoyuusha ga Mamono no Afureru Genjitsu Sekai o Musou Suru~ - Ch. 40 - Reunion

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Nice twist. Did not expect that since the knight looked like the type who can't speak.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Awesome revelation! I guessed in the earlier chapters that the knight is either the princess or the other Takeru but I wasn't expecting it to also be the MC's original body.

Well, now that the association is after them, I want the MC to kick their butts but too bad he is currently tired beyond his limits.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The only thing I don't like is the protagonist reaction,a lot of terrible things happen and him is just in poke face,come on give him at least some expression of terror after all bad things happen

I think the better description is not so much "poker face" but rather "dumbfounded".

As in "what the heck just happened I don't have enough brainpower to process this shit atm".

Dex-chan lover
reminder that the soul swap happened because both of them "died at the same time", one got beheaded and the other tried to kill themselves by jumping off the school building or something like that
the soul binding magic probably tied both of their souls to the bodies and "healed" them, although right now only one seems actually fully functional
That's Stretching to get the facts to work out. There's still the 40 year time difference to account for. Plus, we're still not sure if this is even his original world. Karen sent her underlings out, yesterday? to confirm if Classic Takeru even existed.

@Kikaibaka But there hasn't been any evidence that he was abused as a test subject in the facility. The only memories we're shown, have been sweet memories with Karen and the other 2 S rank hunters. And it's not like he hates Karen, why would he fight against her at all, even if he does side with the Demons? As a fan, he should totally know what she looks like in the present. Edit: And Pandora was said to convert Living People into Demons, so Pandora is right out for his mental change. (Pretty sure a Decapitation is beyond the powers of the Saintess to heal, probably minutes later.) And regarding his Magic. Karen said (ch32 page 17) that his constitution was ill suited for magic. The only thing that gets New Takeru body to use magic, is a Classic Takeru Soul. So, he should still have a constitution ill suited for magic. He might have a physically strong body now, but it's still not a magic one. He still hasn't used any actual magic spells as the Dark Knight, just sword summoning.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I knew there'd need to be one more twist to MC's old body, but it's that guy's soul, huh. Wonder what reason he would have to go against his childhood friend.

Dex-chan lover
Both my likely and crack pot theories were wrong for the identity of the Black Knight. Still not sure how Original Takeru Soul is even available to install into Classic Takeru Body. The Body is still super stone cold dead. So just a simple Soul Swap isn't enough to make it work out in my brain. Edit: Oh, and what the heck is going on with Classic Takeru Body's long hair? Shouldn't really still be growing with an undead body.

But all this does make me wonder about the Hero Summoning side effects. Are all these monsters the result of pulling Classic Takeru Soul and Body into another dimension, thus leaving a hole in their dimension. So Extra dimensional soul in their dimension could be breaking the dimensional barrier, making monsters show up in the normal world.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to take a guess and say that reply was staged. Demon lord is obviously all about mind games. Going by og takeru personality I can't see him following her willingly.
Personally, I'm not convinced that there is an actual soul in that body. It could be some kind of elaborate puppet or a spirit with imitation abilities.

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap there goes all the theories about Edelweiss being the knight
detective-pikachu-thats-a-twist.gif

But still, I believe the demon princess actually had Edelweiss' body or at least she's being taken as a hostage to drop MC's morale. She's way too important for the plot to just being tossed away like that without any explanation

Dex-chan lover
Now that's really unexpected lol. If author-san intention was to make us think that Kuro was the Saintess, they played us like a fool. :pepela:
I was about to post "cue obvious Saintess reveal" but shit they got us all good:

Also hitting the MC with "You have no right to refuse"...

My brother in Christ, you and what army... because if you brought anything less than that, you are about to get fucking BODIED.

Dex-chan lover
I hate that at the end they will shake hands with this smug faced demon bitch "for the greater good" and she won't face any consequences. It would be great if i'm wrong though.

Also it's not possible to expect anything rational from the OG Takeru as to why he is now working for the demons. Dude killed himself. So it can be anything and everything to make him work for these fuckers. If he ever walks in to his old world, he will most like try to kill the bullies and MC will stop him like all "killing makes you like them" MCs.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don’t remember but why didn’t the childhood friend help the og takeru when he was getting bullied?
She was told OG Takeru died in that facility they're now exploring.
Turns out, he was alive and living a more-or-less normal life, but she only noticed that when his body was possessed by a hero and got on the radar of Hunters Association.

I hope Hunters Association will pay the price for their crimes against humanity. And a healthier way to organize hunters will be created.

I hate that at the end they will shake hands with this smug faced demon bitch "for the greater good" and she won't face any consequences. It would be great if i'm wrong though.

Also it's not possible to expect anything rational from the OG Takeru as to why he is now working for the demons. Dude killed himself. So it can be anything and everything to make him work for these fuckers. If he ever walks in to his old world, he will most like try to kill the bullies and MC will stop him like all "killing makes you like them" MCs.
How do you know the end, if this manga is not yet finished?
So far, demon princess did nothing to convince MC (or anybody else) that coexistence with her is possible. All she has shown us, is that she is even more cunning than ordinary demons. But that cunning is still overridden by all-consuming evil nature that prevents her from realizing that being good is a good idea.

MC will have to confront the OG Takeru someday. Simply because such a mirror match would be interesting. I doubt it would be with the bullies' lives on the line. But I wonder if hero Takeru will offer OG Takeru a proper resurrection, not just being an undead.

Dex-chan lover
How do you know the end, if this manga is not yet finished?
So far, demon princess did nothing to convince MC (or anybody else) that coexistence with her is possible.
I don't know if you missed it but she said there is a "greater" evil lurking behind the scenes influincing the minds of the citizen of the OG fantasy land. That's literally why she is asking him to join her. That's like battle shounen intro arc 101 for the first appearing antagonist to join the protag (and die in the process). It's an educated guess and not hard to do in the world of cliche isekais. You just gotta read more.

Dex-chan lover
OK so it  was his body after all.

I hate that that was an accurate prediction.
The demon lord being best girl might have some validity after all...

Dex-chan lover
Myehh. It would have been nice to just finish all these associations with humanity and this being a demon. And just go for this "there is a higher power" and like goes googoo gaga with the story and they all song kumbaya in the end... (My thoughts got sidetrakced). Anyway i wonder if the main character is going to show some NEW and interesting character dynamic himself and not just the same old money making fantasy checkboxes, well i guess it'll get put in cause it makes money and its better than try something new cause who wants to risk their serialization.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to take a guess and say that reply was staged. Demon lord is obviously all about mind games. Going by og takeru personality I can't see him following her willingly.
I think that the armor has something to do with it. The other two demons kept mentioning that the armor knight never spoke at all. It makes me think that the only reason the other Takeru could speak was cause the helmet fell off.

I'm guessing if the full armor came off, he'd have full freedom with the hero's body.

Users who are viewing this thread