Ugh buffer chapter. This arc really makes me wonder how long this Manga will go on for and like... does any of this matter? In theory stories should be advancing the characters or advancing the overarching plot. We've gotten little of both so far. The mystery of the island is getting revealed at a snails pace, so we haven't learned how this connects to Edelwiess. Separating the cast was an opportunity for individual character growth especially with this being a high stakes situation against a very powerful gate, but that hasn't really happened either. Per the rules the author established with this Manga, once the gates are gone those characters and the whole setting/world behind them become locked off. So like... what are we doing here? All these back stories are cute, but if none of these side characters are going to show up again (except maybe the hunters that were trapped there, but they've been like air this whole time) I can't bring myself to care too much. I'm mostly just annoyed. Like I'd be glad if Cardinal returned with the MC, but the other two should just get nuked and be done with it.