Lady Evony - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

Double-page supporter
Sigh after so long and you still can't see Ebony for who she really is outside of the rumours

blondie always getting on my last nerves i stg. men like that always be judging wonen, devaluing their work, refusing to acknowledge them, and assuming the worst. leavin a bad taste in my mouth ugh.

Rif

Ebony my poor baby 😭😭😭😭 Juro i like you but what the hell man 😭

Fed-Kun's army
FUUKKKK YES!!!!!

I hate the duke as well. However, Juro reacts exactly like a man from that country usually would . Constantly doubting, requiring her to prove herself over and over and to a high greater than her peers and then belittling her. Yes. I dont much like him but this is a fantastic scene and a great chapter. Shows her absolutely dunking on these fools from orbit.

Guilty until proven otherwise, is it?
The character development is great in this story. Wonder if someone's going to open Juro's tightly closed eyes so he can stop being so quick to judge.

As someone from the duke's side, we know that he is trustworthy, however, he did grow up in a society where women are treated unequally, and is socially conditioned to do it. Although I think that his attitude is wrong, I don't think he meant to have any malicious intentions towards her but instead confusion between what he has been taught and engrained in him with what is present in him.
I quite like Juro because he's character is very consistent yet still developing as the story goes - in fact he can already be considered different in the sense that whilst holding these beliefs/values towards women, he acknowledges Ebony (n ofc the staffs in the house)
There is so many instances where we question why someone can have views that are totally against ours which we believe to be right - you know who/when they are.
The next chapter will definitely be a good one as I believe that we will see both sides of the argument/society, which I think is what the theme of the story is.

That last line made me think... " where the hell on earth did their logical and cunning thinking go when it comes to accused people? Like.... isn't it good to think with broad horizon and come up different possibilities like a crime having another part to it??... You see.. Everything is not what it seems... A suicide can be a murder and a murder can be an act of self defense...considering the involved party.. Shouldn't they take into account the situation and dig further into the details?... If he's so good at investigating..shouldn't he have looked further into the case of the person he's evaluating??" And that was another episode of me talking to my another person in my brain

damn juro is annoying w all that yelling, unnecessary prying, & assuming
anyways ebony❤️

i wanna give juro a benefit of a doubt with this one of him just,,, being very influenced with the story made up abt ebony and being cautious for his own master or maybe even just the general system of patriarchy bc yeah, this was kinda odd but in some ways, it's not completely dumb and out of no where.

anyways, thanks for the translate

Juro was raised in the country where woman are treated poorly. His mindset is like the other men but he still doing his job(teaching her). It's true he is not kind like other employees, but I think he better than the other men in that country, like right now he find out more about Ebony personality and start changing his mind.

If i was Juro, or other citizens in that country who don't know the truth that ebony wasn't a murderer, I would doubt her like he did. I'm glad Ebony stand for herself :)

So Ebony to Juro was a weak woman, especially since the first sight if her was when she was at her weakest. Now suddenly she is a viper underneath and he's severely underestimated her. The only question I have is as to how the duke dude who took her out knows about this potential

Juro is not a bad guy (?) but he HAS to change his attitude towards women. It's kind of surprising that despite all the years he has been working for the Duke and living abroad he still follows the ways men treat women in that shitty country... I mean, even subconsciously, the Duke's thoughts and behavior should had rubbed on him even a little, no?

Aggregator gang
I actually really love Juro and I can't wait for him to finally open his eyes and see Ebony for who she truly is and to stop underestimating her. She's amazing and i love her ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread