Lady Evony - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 yes we will. Vague spoilers for future chapters
I read the raws a while back and it comes up very soon and it's honestly fascinating.

Dex-chan lover
@TheGodEmperor I can't read the language but I can give an approximation from what others who can have said + the v clear visuals.

<Summarising spoilers for chapter 34 to 48 of the comic, definitely don't read these if you don't want to be spoiled. >

ebony and gillian celebrate gillian claiming her rightful inheritance, we have a nice little break with ebony further learning horse riding and finding a nice little surprise from the maids decorating her horse riding outfit with flowers. c:

Sedell is growing increasingly frustrated and clues in that she must either be ebony or be from the lady prison ebony was housed in so he sends one of the awful wardens round to the archduke's to harass and intimidate her.

We get more uncovered info about what living in the prison was like, a further look at ebony's relationship with her master and I think the build up to her master's death.

Ebony returns to the prison to claim her masters remains, as she returns the surviving women prisoners spot her and whistle to her in unison, overjoyed that she's alright and falling to their knees. Ebony responds with a whistle herself surprising the archduke and catching the attention of the assholes in charge of the prison.

They basically bulldozed their way into the prison even as the wardens tried to belittle and demean ebony. They leave with her master and hold her funeral soon after, Patricia attends and buries a precious momento in her grave site with ebony.

After this, it seems as though they're trying to further disrupt the nobles and their patriarchy, as well as free ebony from false charges. They move to challenge the judgement the countries legal system handed down on ebony. So the next chapters build up to her going back to court with Juro representing her. He's finally seen that what she was put through was unjust and that the legal system of this country is beyond just or perfect.

He represents her in court by going over the case with how both her fiance and father died, her family history, the reality of how a woman as small as her couldn't purposefully overpower a man as big as her fiance, etc.

The most recent chapter has Martha storming into the court room with guards and her magic on full blast as it seems Juro and ebony have stalled with fighting their case.

Also Martha, butler man, Mr Cook and doctor are all awesome and we get more sweet moments with her and the archduke.

<Summarising spoilers for chapter 34 to 48 of the comic, definitely don't read these if you don't want to be spoiled. >
Hope this all made sense.

to be fair, even in self-defense, she did do murder, which by law is still a crime. Yes, she had a reason, but I don't think it defends her completely from murdering. Though half the murder is "accident"... it's really in an grey area... but I don't think she 'can't' be called criminal either. This is my thought, you can think differently... I'm just saying I understand Juro's (i think that's his name) view, since last chapter people were commenting about him...

Dex-chan lover
@riflow Thanks so much :) that's a fun bit of spoilery bit to learn. Can't wait to get to it in the story ourselves and see more.

@phoenixa legally murder requires forethought and planning, meaning that since it was heat of the moment thing in self-defense it would at best be manslaughter unless they could actually prove that she planned to do it ahead of time

Fed-Kun's army
Wouldn’t somebody who believes the law is “beyond a shadow of doubt” actually be a really crappy lawyer? The whole point of the profession is using the law as a tool in an argument to get other people to agree to what you want. If you use it as a moral compass or marker of reality, you’re going to perform your role poorly.

Rif

Gosh i just want her to be happy TT. thank you for the updates!!

it just sucks that her Husaband tried to rape her and in swlf defense she killed him, but not oly that her dumbass father tried to kill her for honor? fucking bullshit. he would surley get away for it but not Ebony as the women in that contry is treated like crap

Users who are viewing this thread