Lady Evony - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Thank you for the update !

This chapter is refreshing ? It's nice to see they're direct and honest with their terms and not just simply the Duke using Ebony as a puppet from the shadows but they've come full-front regarding the matter. And of course, it's nice to see Ebony to have a "clearer" face / aura. Cheers to the success of their plans

Not sure how I feel about him using a victim of years of abuse as his puppet.
While the story is treated the trauma little seriously of course she is going to help the Duke regardless, he's the first person that has been kind to her.

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz
I feel pretty uncomfortable about it myself. In fact, I think I'm going to drop this, since it is turning out like this. I was hoping for a story about a wounded person regaining their human dignity and agency. Instead, we get a story about a victim of abuse being exploited and becoming dependent on further abuse.

Double-page supporter
Growing roots? Ebony is also a type of tree so I guess that would be a name pun

Fed-Kun's army
I like this. They are honest about what they want from each other and it makes me trust the duke more than if he were to be "doing this out of the goodness of his heart".

Fed-Kun's army
Hmmm. On the one hand I really like that he's laid his cards on the table and they're honest with each other. On the other hand, I see exactly what you're saying @icekatze
Hmmmm
I'll keep going for now

I mean yes shes gonna be used but what I'm hoping is that as shown in this chaper she starts to regain and become the person she wants to be while the prince will help and use her to destroy and clean up the patriachal society in his country. Which may become her goal as well because this will help all vastly change and improve the livelihoods of other girls that are literally being treated like sub humans.

Fed-Kun's army
I'd of rather liked it if she kept her scars. Although at first I assumed they were actual scars from abuse by her father during her childhood but if I was reading it correctly, those were actually only superficial wounds from her time in prison.

I find it more interesting for a character who develops to get over their past trauma mentally, despite still being scarred, the "wounds" no longer hurt and they are no longer afraid, burdened nor ashamed of the scars they have on their body but instead wear it as a badge of honor.

Dex-chan lover
Living ur best life is the best revenge you can take out on people that tried to beat you down and drive you into the ground.

Also, experiencing the world and the different cultures is probably what helped archduke develop the values that he has now.

I'm pretty late to the party but this chapter really gave me some RoyAi vibes 😅

Get you a man who supports witches!! I have to stan, as a student of the supernatural arts!!

This scanlation team picks such gems. I'm loving this already. He gave her choices and options, and she made the choice. The writer shows rather than tells us both characters are intelligent.

I think its going too fast and that it would be better if she was miserable for more chapters

Not that i wanna watch her struggle but more that the suffering boosts the good times?

Dex-chan lover
Are you telling me in a dozen days her scars, wounds, bruises, from years of physical abuse are just magically gone?
I need a doctor like that. Cause scars, even from small cuts, don't disappear like that. Not even after years. Especially if she was in a grimy environment.
The story is good tho so I'll just roll my eyes and move on I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread