Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 41

Double-page supporter
The grand duke is like every reader who is rooting for Ebony. His affection and pride for her grows more and more and I love seeing it happen. There is none of that doki doki is this love shit but actual mutual respect and admiration and support. Aaaahhhhhh I love this so much!! When is it going to get licensed? I want a physical copy~

Thank you as always for the scans!!

@Lexina Them not ending up together would imply that each will end up with different persons respectively. You can't expect important persons in such a society to remain bachelors forever. And who would be more appropriate to each-other and understand them better? There is basically no one.
The "lack of chemistry" you see is just the common blushy-blushy tropes being subverted. They actually have the ultimate chemistry: mutual respect for each-other's abilities.

@vaia ngl i agree, i hope she changes her mind and stays the chairman and then lets the viscountess be like a high ranking teacher or something because wasn’t the plan for raven/ebony to basically take iver and have a bunch of power and then catch the men off guard? i dont think it’ll go that way if the viscountess takes over instead tbh and what if she like decides to go against them and take the school for herself? idk this is just risky to me

Had to come back here to say that Dante is really everything anyone could want in both a friend and a love-interest. He genuinely supports Ebony's growth without any desire to have her love him, and that's honestly really rare even nowadays. A lot of men only invest their attention and support in women if they think that they can get something out of it (love, sex), but for Dante, his reward is to see that he helped Ebony realise her full potential and become truly happy.

And you know what else is really nice about this manhwa? Even though Dante is technically Ebony's guardian, and thus would appear to have power of her in their relationship, they never read as being anything other than equals. They challenge each other on a moral and intellectual level and changing each other.

Its so lovely to see. I honestly wouldn't mind if they don't end up together and just end up being lifelong friends and confidantes. Though romance is always nice for my cold, dead, heart lol.

Am I the only one who wants Juro to develop his feelings for Ebony the more he observe her? Especially when her existence itself made Juro's view broaden a little, and hopefully more when Ebony accomplished more feats in the future, starting by proving her innocence.

I can't really see Dante as an ML. He's more like the doting father/brother figure lol.

But ah, it's just my wishful thinking since Ebony seems to appreciate Dante more than anyone else.

The more I see Dante and Ebony interact the more it seems like he’s falling in love with her... or that just might be me lol. He’s so overwhelmingly supportive of her to the point that it sounds like he’d do anything for her. It just feels less and less like she’s a pawn to him and more like he genuinely wants her to grow. 💗

I know this sounds cringey or cliche but I hope he blushes a little when he sees her in that dress

I’m not used to this mutual respect and support in these type of manhwa. I love it. Give me more of this. Truly loving and caring for a person (not necessarily strictly romantic) means simply wanting them to grow and obtain happiness. It’s so nice to see that they have a strong chemistry.

AHH... are those the flowers from when it was implied juro was falling in love with her?

I don't understand why some people need every male character to be a potential partner for the MC, why can't Juro just be a good friend?

Users who are viewing this thread