Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 45

Double-page supporter
I really like that the romance is so slow here, which makes sense for a woman that's been abused by men her whole life.

Dex-chan lover
@Sarsak I find it to be quite fast actually. They already had body contact and this is not some fanservice stuff which imo is pretty fast for ch 45. But that opinion may be skewed by the other "literature" on this site I frequent whereby either sex is something thats in every second chapter or looking at each other is the most they do until the end

Aggregator gang
Am I the only one who thinks they aren't at the romantic stage yet? In that one is still healing from a huge mental scar and the other isn't likely aware of how much he likes her. But I appreciate it being done this way. It's better for her to feel confident and approach their relationship as equals than to do so from a feeling of gratitude or obligation (as he's in a higher position and she owes him).

Fed-Kun's army
yall like... not to treat this manhwa like a free therapy session but it really does wonders for me when i hear someone that it's okay to cry out loud when you're in pain and not doing alright. i feel like i'm also trying to unpack and unlearn all the past trauma i have at the same time as ebony, especially since i don't have/can't really afford a therapist. many thanks to the author for making this and to the group for translating and bringing this to so many readers.

@draw2much yeah i feel like the romance isn't there yet at all. it's taking its sweet time, one step after another, instead of 5 different things at the same time like most comics do, and it's such a smart decision for the author to do. there's body contact but it's platonic and friendly, which is so good since the only body contact men and women are given in these types of scenarios are usually just romantic. i love everything about they're dynamic.

Dex-chan lover
so the man literally kills the dad in hopes to get the wealth and status of ebony's family

talk about disgusting scum lmao

Dex-chan lover
God, watching her cry and lament on past experiences just hurts.
I'm too sensitive to these things.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow that guy being the sole witness to a murder with unclear autopsy isn't suspicious, but Ebony retaliate against rape and all hell break lose... Justice at its finest...

Also, I agree with that there's no romance development here, it is just shown that Ebony starts to be conscious of the archduke being a guy where she was glancing at his body.

Ebony!!!!! You've come so far!! I'm so glad that the author is giving Ebony time to heal and come to terms with herself, with no weird forced romance between the two leads.

Thank you for the translation!

Double-page supporter
Damn man. It makes my blood boil wanting justice for our lady and my heart aches to see her struggles in facing the demons that still haunt her

This story - diving into the waters of illustrating mental issues is so relevant these days.
The author narrating the MC's journey who has support going through a process is something everyone needs to have reiterated so it's normalised - those who have gone through this, to feel represented and understand on a deeper level what Ebony's going through.
It's not shameful, even though people going through grief and pain feel weak and helpless... you need people like Dante to just be there, to not judge, to help you cry it out/care for you until you feel ready to climb up the spiral of depression. Wish everyone could have a friend like Dante.
Bravo.

@kafurin you've written so well. Reading your comment made me feel happy and hopeful somehow, that you're appreciating this story in such level. So thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread