Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 49

I do like his grace, the Judge: from the beginning I've felt that he's really impartial and he's trying to see the truth. And though he doesn't explicitly help Ebony and Juro, he has shut up the Sedell side 2-3 times (or maybe it's that Juro is such a good attorney that he know when to raise his voice, I don't know). And tho it would have been way better for the household to come and testify, I can understand their fear towards their employers. But the Capitan and the soldiers... Those guys really are brave: they know that they won't be able to stay and that, possibly, the retaliation from the Sedell side is going to be brutal but even so they decided to step up and uncover all the rotten pots in that family. I must say that Ebony's re-trial must be the chance they were waiting for, too: they weren't present when their families suffered such humiliation and their blood must have been boiling by hatred all these years but unable to do anything at all. Yes, surely Dante must have arranged to take them all or send them away to safer places, but I'm pretty sure that the soldiers would have grabbed the opportunity even if they had to leave by themselves.
Now, what's next? Will the law go the extra mile and reach the guards from the prison? I do hope so since they're a bunch of b*stards that should take a spoonful of their own medicine (...gosh, I just thought of something pretty awful that I would just love to try on them 😅).
What I'm worrying about right now is the third Sedell... Will he be a SoaB like his older brothers or will he someone like Dante and his people? There hasn't been said anything about him in all these chapters, but their mom was no better so I don't have any hopes about him...

YES GIRL GO GET YOUR FREEDOM 😭 ILY EBONY, AND THE TRANSLATORS FOR GIVING US THE CHANCE TO READ HER STORY,, TYSM <33

please Ebony is a masterpiece I love this story so much... And everyone who workfor the duke are adorable.

Double-page supporter
- "YOU'LL SUFFER DIVINE PUNISHMENT!!!"

- No, U.
😂

For this chapter I listened to the end part of Tchaikovsky- Swan Lake followed by The Cinematic Orchestra Arrival of the birds and that ended the chapter off beautifully. Music makes everything more impactful when you listen to the right tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread