Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 50

Thank you for the many back to back updates and butter smooth transitions. I can't comment on accuracy but some of the sentences were absolutely gorgeous, in particular regarding Ebony's little epiphany regarding her feelings!

I'm looking forward to where vindicated Ebony's adventures take her next!

@MrIncognito: this was the final round, the second round took place in her absence. It's the culmination of the three rounds that the verdict was declared.

@Madcat6204: considering this was the pronouncement of a legal verdict, the use of formal terms is justified imo. One can always take it as one's latest TIL.

Honestly you guys are the real heros here with those updates - please don't overwork themselves <3

In moments like this Ebony is so baby, I just wanted to hug her as well! Also what a power move use the final discourse to point all the eyes to that idiot and finally make him start to pay for her hellish five years - this man is something else, we stan harder than ever!!

Thank you so much for these back to back releases!!! This manhwa is very empowering and I really appreciate the effort put into this. Awesome job!

Thanks translator so much for bringing all the chapters of this arc so quickly! 🤗 Much appreciated. As long as you take care of yourself well and firstly. Blessings

@beazacha I love your comment so much! The only thing I would argue is when you referred to Sedell as a "man". I would have referred to him as an evil pos male. But not a man. Just lighthearted semantic preferences.

@NgọcTrai Thank you for the explanation. It was helpful. I tried to find it but misread mens rae as men's rae. So I tried looking up rae and couldn't find it, lol.

Thank you a lit for the fast release i am enjoy it, but please dont overwork yourselves and stay healthy

being really honest now i cried reading this chapter this is probably one of the best manhwas i have ever read and im so thankful for the groups job tl it

Dex-chan lover
considering this was the pronouncement of a legal verdict, the use of formal terms is justified imo. One can always take it as one's latest TIL.
Pretty much that, I can think of other instances for stuff like this. It maybe fits in pretty well with this setting too, because it had established that there's an entire formal language sort of thing going on in this country, that typically only the men are using for official stuff. If we're considering the plain conversational language used here as "English" in this translation, perhaps that other one could be "Latin." Honestly, it'd be a shame if that wasn't what the author was going for here with whatever they did in the raws that prompted this translation from the group. Like a wasted opportunity to utilize their own worldbuilding, y'know?

😭😭😭😭😭EBONNYYYY! I'm so happy for her! May the rest of your life be smooth sailing from here. But I get the feeling that Marquess Seddel isn't gonna sit still with this verdict.

Group Leader
@Pandoot @sarsak victor sedell (ebony's dead fiance) was the younger brother of marcus sedell. the sedell house was indeed inherited by the younger brother before he died and the older brother took over!

@Glomoro thank you for your positive feedback but the author just put "criminal intention" in korean in the raws HAHA we just adjusted it to avoid repetition and making it sound believable. the phrase "mens rea" doesn't have anything to do with the official language that only men can learn either! it's purely just the translation.

Oh this was such a good chapter. Their doing such a wonderful job. I cried like an absolute baby. I’m so so so happy for her! 😭 That group hug with everyone crying. And the duke with his arms open for a hug. All of it was so good.

Thank you so much for translating and posting this new chapter. It’s been such a fun week getting so many chapters. I appreciate all your hard work so much.

Group Leader
@Madcat6204 mens rea is actually a legal terminology that is used in the American/UK/Aus legal system. Though it is a latin word, it is still commonly used throughout our legal system today.

For example, the final court hearing in the movie, Legally Blonde

You did well, Ebony 😭 I’m so happy for her she finally got the justice she deserved. I can’t wait for them to make people who hurt her pay.

Users who are viewing this thread