Lady Evony - Vol. 2 Ch. 50

Big thanks to the translator. These chapters must not have been easy at all - definitely went out of you way so everyone could have a great reading experience.

lkw

Thank you so much the team has done a wonderful job with these chapters and honestly the whole series truly thank you

Dex-chan lover
😭😭My poor Ebony!! May only good things happen to you from now on!! 😭😭

Aggregator gang
Thank you so much for the frequent release, I'm so glad to see Ebony got her justice.

Aggregator gang
@theclown: "Hard to ascertain whether there was mens rea"

I suspect there's an error there. Otherwise I'll need clarification, because I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Aggregator gang
@Sarsak I’m pretty sure he was the younger brother. There’s 2 brothers, the older one dying in the incident 5 years ago and so the younger brother inherited his older brothers position. I figured they meant they were going to hand the property back to Ebony

😭the tears that were welling up in me 😭 also the archduke's chest looked weird when he spread his arms out for a hug 🤣🤣

Aggregator gang
Suddenly breaking out Latin... Surely there could have been a way to phrase that that would have been easier to understand?

@kristallisk: Thank you for the explanation.

@Madcat6204

"mens rea" means "guilty mind" in Latin. In law, it is the mental element of a person's intention to commit a crime - i.e. the knowledge that your actions (or lack thereof) will cause a crime to be committed. It is a necessary element of many crimes - including murder.

So when the judge said, it is "Hard to ascertain whether there was mens rea", what he is saying is that the MC did not intend to kill her fiancee - i.e. it was an accident. And if it was an accident she did not have the necessary "mens rea" for the crime and therefore cannot be found guilty.

Hopefully that answers your question :)

Users who are viewing this thread