Land of the Lustrous - Ch. 108 - Land of the Lustrous

Okay, I think the comet scene actually was gem Phos from the past, like 74HC595 said. Ishikawa writes on the last page, "Phos will, as Phos does, continue to travel space and time, shining brightly all the while." And the first page says, "Far in the future, we became 'the lustrous,'" unless it's all just symbolic. Maybe reading too much into it.

Also, I like how in the page with the bees looking for Phos, they come up with their little arms crossed when they can't find him lol. Very cute

Double-page supporter
The last few chapters of this series have been incredibly moving and had absolutely beautiful art. I never expected a series about androgynous gem people fighting to turn into a introspective about humanity and the concept of life, yet here we are. Thanks to everyone who worked on translating this series throughout the years and to the author for creating such a unique experience.

It's been quite the wild ride but it ended nicely. Phos finally gets some happiness they deserve :'( ty ichikawa for this great series and to everyone working on scanlations all these years <3 11 years of me reading hnk, I don't know what to do with myself now that it's done 😔 at least ichikawa can spend all the time she wants with her PS5 now LMAO
(Also anime s2 when, orange? .... Orange?)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, for some reason I don't really feel the need to understand this confusing mess fully to be able to enjoy it. Which is really unusual for me. The way this series has been for a long while, I wouldn't have it end any other way.

It’s been a long while following this manga, I’ve been hooked by the anime and I started the manga right after that. Damm, it’s been such a good time. Rest well Phos, you deserve it

Users who are viewing this thread