Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 80 - The Three

Double-page supporter
I want Phos to survive only to make up for all the shit they did to him so far. He can live with Adamant and they can watch as the next organisms evolve and raise them together on the next society.

Or maybe Phos can finally rest.

And yeah no, lol. Not gonna miss anyone on the moon, specially the prince and his bitch. I still want to know what's been of Padpa, If they ruined him too like they ruined Yellow diamond.

Inb4 the tony hawk gem is padpa

Dex-chan lover
Just like I imagined - the "apocalypse", the end of the world... is silent. It just happened. "People" disappeared.
As much as I don't want to admit it - it was worth the the 200 years wait for Ichikawa to drop the chapter.

Can't say I was thinking it per se, but that Adamant's broken prayer would have such a widespread effect is not exactly a shock to me. The whole thing about this world is that everything is connected to the human past. For there to be a relic of such power still left standing as a nirvana-machine, it's a very big something for sure. And when a very big something goes crazy, anything can happen.

What interests me still is the doggy-lunarian's case. It seemed like that one was sent on by Sensei despite him being broken. Unless, the doggy had the peace of mind to reach nirvana through its own power. So, wouldn't everyone actually possess that, if a doggy did?

Regardless, thank you for the chapter, I love this manga soooo~ much~

It all returns to nothing,
it all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down :'c

@Dragoniitti
Yeah like you said the dog reached nirvana by it own means, he found peace when he meet sensei again.

For humans if I remember correctly, they *need* to be prayed on in order to reach peace (maybe because by just living humans sins dunno) so they created a machine (sensei) that could automate the praying process, that's why the lunarians need sensei, the now, only being capable of praying.

*Realises when Bitch Prince said "he wanted the moon to glimmer with gem shine" meant he wanted Adamant to know every single gem to this point was not eaten by the lunarians but grinded and now in a perpetual state of existential purgatory, he probably would make sure Ada would know about the sea people situation too, Adamant would break and pray for everyone to go to nirvana as the last resort for his loved gems to be happy and maybe having the chance of having other gems in the future*
1374796030634.png

Interestingly, Phos does have a piece of all the three human “parts” in them.

Contributor
I just revisited Ichiko Harukawa's Pandora https://mangadex.org/chapter/5932 and thinks that the ending might become similar to that (we've got similar parallel where some INNOCENT characters are being used by SCHEMING characters, the SCHEMING characters doesn't get karma and most of the time think that they will get what they want but they actually don't and things aren't always that bad for INNOCENT characters in the end and there's hope to held on, and there will be happiness in their life----so unless Phos find some kind of happiness, the author won't end the story in that PTSD note). And also while she does kill her characters often to provoke an emotional response from us, but there's always a lingering bittersweet feeling instead of being sad bad end.

Page 8 should probably be translated as "If you don't even... [pray]" instead of "If you weren't here..."
Given the previous pages of "pray damnit pray", I'd think that makes more sense for what "おまえさえいなければ" is meaning.

GUYSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
THE GEM AT THE END IS PADPARADSCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PADPARADSCHA IS OKAY, HE'S THE ONE SKATEBOARDING AT THE VERY END!!!!!!

omg yes, padparadscha is fine, dis is so good.

so, the gems that originaly went to the moon are:
Alexandrite, who is now chef.
One of the Amethyst twins, who is now studying under beard guy.
Benitoite, who is working in Alexandrite's restaurant.
Cairngorm, who is now princess.
Diamond, who is now idol, omg yes.
Phosphophyllite, who is now on earth.
Yellow Diamond, who is still cray-cray, u can see him on page 11, he's playing with snails.

So that leaves us only with Padparadscha!!!
And since the figure on last page had shiny hair, that means it's Padparadscha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got a haircut :'( , but otherwise he seems just fine. Hurray for Padparadscha!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Dex-chan lover
Always look on the bright side of life. At least Pho won't be suffering any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread