Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 81 - Gift

Dex-chan lover
@gum_rummy I think it might be that clipboard. The one she used way back at the beginning when she tried to grab Cinnabar the first time they met. Cinnabar had been keeping it in her cave ever since, through the centuries.

@comedyxtragedy I guess silver isn't still included, they replaced some parts of 7 treasures with other things, like the pearl for the eye, but I thing next thing will be moon rocks, is similar to silver in a poetic sense, and will be enough significative to story, now she's 50% jewell people, 50% moon people

Double-page supporter
i love aechmea's face when adamant deactivates again, like "goddamit, false alarm everyone, back to being depressed"
it kinda was my reaction as well, i thought this series was about to end

I hate every single gem on Earth now. Adamantite included. Glad Phos is back in the hands of the Lunarians. Hopefully, Achmea can put him back together. Phos has suffered way too much for those ungrateful beings.

We sure its the clipboard? I thought it might be part of antarcticite. But I guess its been too long for any of him to be left. At least we're getting a Phos and Ghoshe reunion next chapter.

Listen, I don’t know when. But one day, someone will shatter Bort, and that will be the most satisfying moment in the series.

Dex-chan lover
not to seem like im beating a dead horse, but while Phos is a sympathetic character, and what they've undergone is definitely more than anything should have to experience, by this point they've definitely lost sight of their initial reason for going to the moon. The gems who've been crushed will never reassemble, and attempting to do so will cause the Admirabilis to go extinct. Furthermore, as readers we know that if Adamant prays all life will disappear! Phos isn't a tragic hero because they're misunderstood, they're a tragic hero because what they wanted was never attainable in the first place, and in trying to attain their initial, impossible goal (the resurrection of the crushed gems), they've sacrificed everything that they once held dear

phos is a compelling protagonist bc they're relatable and wrong and framing the primary conflict as being between a misunderstood visionary and a backwards society that needs to be forcefully dragged into the future is a waste of the like 11 chapters ichikawa spent crushing phos's spirit

I'm curious about what's rutile going to do with the moon rock. I can't bring myself to hate the earth gems cause of being clueless on what the heck is going on.
I'm surprised Padpa arrived so fast from moon to earth. Still i hope this shows the last treasure for phos.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
Can I hope for Phos to go back being the impulsive airhead from the first chapters once this is all over?

Let's not forget. This all started because Phos was trying to find a both fun and exciting never done before job for Cinnabar. He had 2 goals. Find a Job for Cinnabar and restore the lost Gems. He eventually forgets about the first one when he replaces basically every part of his body. We find out he is unable to restore the lost Gems that have a hardness of 4 or less (Antarcticite).

I hope the author goes full circle at the end with Phos compiling an encyclopedia, which was the job Adamant gave Phos at the start of the series.

Double-page supporter
@gum_rummy it's the notebook phos left behind back in chapter 2 when phos promised cinna to find a new job for them. It's still in that cave cinna (used to??) hang out in, but there's just that tear of paper and wood backcover left now.

In other new, the suffering continue.

God damn it if the series end with Phos is left behind alone because he is the closest thing to a real human I will... I will cry a lot...Please if everyone going to "die" let Phos die too, at least he will not have to feel anything anymore.

Dex-chan lover
My heart hurts seeing Phos running desperately from the Earth gems

I at least hope Phos gets the happy ending

Aggregator gang
What the fuck is up with people using female pronouns when they always used male ones. The cringe, ugh.

Also this chapter was disappointing. I doubt this counts as another treasure for Phos but uhh who knows at this point. It doesn't need to be in the literal sense something added to Phos's body, does it? I do like that Padpa seemed sensible enough to give Rutile what he needed to accomplish his dream.

Double-page supporter
i wouldn't mind it if sensei's prayer eliminated the gems as long as it left alone the admirabilis.
they're just minding their own damn business.

Also that one twintail gem should've started sinking in the water right?

Users who are viewing this thread