Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 82 - Development

Dex-chan lover
Please give Phos all the care you can give! I can't bare to see her like this anymore!

Contributor
This chapter was so good. When Phos went all "I want to all tear them apart" it was the best satisfying page ever. Get them Phos. You endured it enough. It's OK to have some self-indulgence once in a while.

Though I don't want to see Euclase getting fucked by all this shitstorm, as dey're the only one still trying to reason with Phos. Fuck the others honestly. Pray for Euclase.

Supporter
Phos just wants to help everyone. But half of them are actively interfering with that help, and now Phos ends up in this physically and mentally broken state... I can’t bear this much longer.

Luu

Man, Aechmea is so shrewd. How many times has Phos lost their memories now? I think it's about to happen once more..

Fed-Kun's army
you can see how Phos became like the Lunarians at the begining of the series.
They want to desapear => the machine needs to pray.
The machine want to protect the gems => they want to destroy the gems.
a simple logic that is the plot of this manga!

poor phos

Double-page supporter
Phos descent into madness is sad in the sense that she's reflecting the entirety of Aechmea's ambition and Adamant's doctrine.

Dex-chan lover
Welcome to another installment of the Phosphophyllite Suffering Hour!

Phos suffered Quite A Lot in this episode, haha! How hilarious! Smash!

And that's another episode of Phosphophyllite Suffering Hour! Come back next month, maybe they won't suffer as much then????

@Epicredeemer The half on Earth blindly defending Adamant isn't helpful, but at least they're doing it with good intentions.

The Moon half, who went there ostensibly to help Phos.... and then immediately shedding the issue because hey they're happy/content in lunar society.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe Phos' aims have changed so much from the beginning. The writing was exquisitely simple (if a long time IRL to get there).

In order to save everyone, Phos has concluded to kill everyone. Miraculous. The face-heel turn doomsday conclusion isn't uncommon for cheaper plotlines (e.g. the overdone "machines determine the safest way to stop human wars is to kill all humans"), but getting there so that the murder of one's friends/family/everyone is actually a reasonable (if extreme) logical conclusion to END suffering for the character is extremely difficult.

at this point the kindest thing to do would be to kill Phos bc their suffering will never end

Dex-chan lover
Before, it was as if Phos has achieved "humanity". But now, he looks more like a "demon".

Users who are viewing this thread