Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 82 - Development

Dex-chan lover
Jesus christ, just watching this broken mess of an immortal fall deeper and deeper into madness...it's somehow truly terrifying.

"IT's AmAziNg HoW fAsT a MaNgA cAn Go FrOm My FaVoRiTe To My LEAST fAvOrItE"
lmao back to the kiddie section
God the suffering Phos is going through is ridiculous, yet really interesting, I adore how the story is exploring in depth the effects of immortality on the gems and how much it's changing them as people, especially Phos, the poor boy really needs a hug after everything he's been through. Seriously can't wait to see what's coming after this development for him, will he turn into the story's antagonist after hitting rock-bottom in these past 2 chapters?

Dex-chan lover
@Ahan1899

It's basically Phos thinking that Gems now also become her enemy because it prevented Adamie to pray for her. So she wants to destroy them once and for all.

It's very eloquent to think that Phos wanted to be "free", means she's already sick with the duty of saving all creatures (moon people, snail, and gems). Oh God, her suffering seems endless

The truest suffering is waiting a month for the next chapter. I wonder if Barbata will use synthesized parts to fill in what Phos left on Earth or if we're going to see yet another physical transformation. I'm really curious to see Euclase and Rutile in the aftermath; it seems like we're catching up with them first while Phos is put back together.

Phos replicating Adamant's prayer halo (in a way twisted by psychotic break) was a nice touch.

Dex-chan lover
I really can't think the prince has been lying about very much that was told to Phos and the other gems at this point. Everyone was so happy to forgive Sensei for millennia of bullshitting them and being the sole cause for any of their suffering. He really is probably designed to make those around him love him unconditionally or something. The only thing Phos did "wrong" to spark this current treatment from the earth gems was give people a choice. Treated like a monster for that, now starting to actually resemble one.

Dex-chan lover
And it all started because the machine didn't want to be alone for eternity
Whereas you've got one third of the "human" race trying to become dead for good which will take the other 2/3rds with them

@rennov

I'm confused. Why does Pho's want to kill all the gems? I thought her plan was to save everyone? And why did that dog smash her upon her arrival to the moon? It seems like neither the lunarians nor the gems on earth like her. Yeah I'm extremely confused, what does she want to be freed from and how will killing all the gems help that? And she said the Lunarians are keeping something from her, keeping what from her?
But wow. Phos is getting treated so horribly like idk what can save this poor gem now.

Dex-chan lover
@pinkeree

Need to note that this is just my interpretation. I feel Phos wanted to just destroy all the gems because in Phos' eyes, Gem now were the one who actually hinder her objective to save lunarian and in which will save all the gems (restoring gems using Lunarian technology). The problem was simple actually, it's all due to misunderstanding (there's no real conversation between phos and earth Gem so far), and Phos sneaking around made it worst.

By being free, I think it's about being free from the shackles of duty to save everyone. Phos was strongly obligated to save antarc and other gems who sacrifice themselves for Phos (or at least on her mind), and she has no intention to back down and will do it whatever the cost. Turned out the cost was too great (being the enemy of the earth gems and being obliterated into pieces). If I were Phos... well... I think I want to be free too.

About "keeping that from me", I think it's more about "keeping the deal to leave earth on Phos' hand". The prince was asking whether Phos still wanted to try to make Adamie pray. Phos' answer was basically "yes... I will try, but I need to destroy the gems first (because they are now an obstacle)".

The dog smashed her because she show hostility to Cairngorm... the dog was the gift from the Prince to Cairngorm, to protect her, I assume... so yeah, shit happened after that

I'm scared for Phos. I kinda don't want to keep reading. I want Phos to finally have some peace

Users who are viewing this thread