Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 86 - The Onset

Dex-chan lover
It's funny how I started out really loving this manga and now I hate it and just want to see the end.

Dex-chan lover
pick your fighter: disfigured angry rock, moon idol, or dominatrix jellyfish farmer

Group Leader
wow...i'm at a loss for words. both sides have changed so much, for better or worse. it's disheartening to see that dia is still hung up on bortz but bortz seemed to have never cared. at first a battle maniac, now they're content with a peaceful life and looks so apathetic towards dia while gently gazing at cinnabar, it makes me frustrated for dia. this face to face interaction makes me disappointed in the moon gems, especially phos. we wouldn't have gotten here if it weren't for phos' actions, but...i can't help but feel disappointed in how phos has turned out compared to the earth gems. i think the earth gems genuinely wronged phos in their last couple of meets, and i'm angry at how the earth gems feel so peaceful and apathetic towards the moon gems. moon gems really got the short end of the stick in all of this

@mimicking
The Moon Gems joined a genocidal regime that was murdering their people. Or rather - to better put this in context - Phos manipulated the Moon Gems into joining a genocidal regime. Phos who was himself manipulated into joining the evil Lunatics. However, most of the Moon Gems are actually doing alright. The three gems doing poorly are Yellow Diamond, Diamond, and Phos himself. Diamond isn't even doing badly; he just needs to get over his inferiority complex surrounding Bortz. And Phos' problems are self-inflicted. He really didn't do himself any favors when he first returned, going "Fuck Sensei" when questioned (Pads was worse in that regard, but who took him to the moon in the first place?). Quite frankly, if we didn't have Phos's perspective, we'd rightly consider him a weird anti-villian turned by the enigmatic moon people.

===

I wonder how weak the gems have grown now that experienced a true age of peace for the first time of their existence. It's also cute that they're totally committed to protecting Adamant, but the guy is probably existential to driving off the Lumarians since he can one shot multiple sun spots(?) with one blow.

Also, I'm glade Phos is embracing the villain aesthetic.

Double-page supporter
Phos "I don't get paid enough to deal with this sht" expression - even with 1 eye - is priceless

I like to think that at this point, it's actually way easier to just talk it out between the moon and earth gems.
but sadly, it's gone past the point where phos wants it

Dex-chan lover
If the Moon Gems lose this battle, imma start goin isane

also alex collapsing instead of goin ultra instinct lmfao

Dex-chan lover
@raifive Phos was shattered for over 200 years for trying to just talk.

Phos has done everything in their power to try and save the gems and they just gets constantly shat on.

Phos is the only one to have reach out a branch to the lunarians, found common ground and yet bort and the others refuse.

i cant keep track of this manga dude. i feel like i have to read from the start when a new chapter comes out

oh god... as the #1 bort fan... i feel like theyre gonna die :( phos looking cool as hell though

Lol at Alexandrite's overloading, Borts lackluster response and Dia's fans clamoring at the background...

Just when I thought all hell will set loose on this chapter, the tone shift to throw me off...

Users who are viewing this thread