Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 89 - Enma

Double-page supporter
@MagicalCarcrash do you have link to her twitter account? Been following mangaka recently, following them outside of their manga is always fun

Fed-Kun's army
so what broke Adamant ? the meteorite did hit him but he was able to prey for a while ? did he stop because the lunaries left are "bad" people ? I think this is more about how "bad" deed isn't forgoten in the afterlife
Still I can't belive the rince is suposed to be good and fair! he always seems suspicious!

also about the ice floes wish .... I know someone said the manga is on its final arc, but it's like we still have a long way to go. Ice floes wishing exactly the opposit than lunarien feels like a worthy arc!

Dex-chan lover
Wow, that was some important shit. Shame we didn't get more of Darth Phos, but it was still worth the wait. Especially the part about Adamant brother.

Dex-chan lover
Stories with such impossibly long time spans does take a good while for me to wrap my head around, but I love them precisely because of that. It instills a sense of wonder in you.

"Adamant had an evil brother", "The ice floes are (more) bastard human remnants", "Aizen is a good guy. He's also god". Are those supposed to be bombastic revelations? It just feels like the author is throwing in as many twists as she can all the while evading the real question here that is "what was all of this for?". I just hope she's not trying to drag this until chapter 108 because "symbolism".
I swear I don't even know why I still follow this manga, I clearly don't enjoy it anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Aechmea is good guy, I told you! I don't even know why people claimed him as evil.
Oh please... another two months of waiting now? Man, why is it all mangas I like are so slow paced.

@RaimundoBruno
Yeah-yeah, we got it already. You repeat this after every chapter. You know what to do if you don't like it

@CookieMonster He still ruined Phos's life and (practically) killed all those gems for no good reason, just because he might have had good motives doesn't make him good.

Dex-chan lover
@deden
How exactly is he ruined Phos's life? Phos himself, his surrounding and chain of unfortunate events made this to him: lack of purpose, issues in relationships with others and Adamant, curiosity, goofiness, unresolved internal and external conflicts. Well, very human traits and problems. And Aechmea was just observing most of the time, and then provide Phos with some possibilities at the right moment. But at this point Phos already was really far down his one-way path.
As for killing gems for no reason. Oh, there is a serious reason: hundreds of thousands or millions of years of endless life without hope of dying is more than enough to justify destruction of few sentient rocks. Well, it turned out Adamant wasn't working after all, but Lunarians learned this just now.

@CookieMonster He literally explains how he manipulated Phos in the last chapter, and this might come as a surprise to you, but killing people because you're suicidal makes you a bad person.

Dex-chan lover
very interesting lunarian lore, and the Buddhist themes are all coming together, which is all well and good, BUT IN REALITY I JUST WANNA SEE THE GEMS AGAIN

(also one very important bit people are misinterpreting: the ice floes are the remnant of Adamant's brother, the machine(s), NOT humans. it's what being referred to in the line "They became weak desires drifting in the ocean" - the translation switches between from it to they here)

Wait...... WHAT THE FUC* IS GOING ON
(i'm so confused right now)
First We have a slice of life gem??
Man is shit is wild

Dex-chan lover
@deden
He literally explains how he manipulated Phos
Yes, he is, and he said exactly what I told: Phos's character, his surroundings and circumstances are mostly to blame for what he became, while Aechmea just observed most of the time and gave him final push only after Phos arrived at the Moon. Before the Moon Phos was on his own. Aechmea is not innocent, but he is not the villain. Remember, he sacrificed his place in line in order to try to save these poor misfits in crater. So every time he just does what needed to be done.

but killing people because you're suicidal makes you a bad person
Nah... applying our standards and concepts to their world? If you want it this way then It's more like killing people to save much more people. And saving thousands of people by sacrificing 20 lives is fully justified, even by our society standards, like with terrorist attacks.

I never thought Prince was necessary an evil character, he just did what he thought was best for his people to achieve eternal slumber, even if that meant sacrifice other species' lives. To him, the Gems and the Admirabilis are, sadly, nothing but different species with the same origin with him and his people.

Aggregator gang
barbata and amethyst have the best vibes. only functioning relationship in this manga hope they stay scientist buddies until the end

Users who are viewing this thread