Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 93 - Promise

phos will become the new adamant, she will take over Adamants broken body, try to use it to pray and assume his form.

Fed-Kun's army
I still can't get over the fact that if Adamant is 6ft, the gems are all only 4ft tall.

Fed-Kun's army
Fuck man, is this depression train stopping? Pls no I want a happy ending goddamnit

I fucking called it that phos will become a human.

Now, I guess they will pray in Adamants stead. But, with all that's been happening, I think there's going to be twist in that.

We still don't know why Aechmea decided to go to earth yet. And I think that it's going to play a huge part in the end.

I knew one day that Phos’ alloy would somehow react with Cinnabar’s mercury to make an amalgamation

Personally I don't blame Aechmea, he brought the salvation that adamant wanted (chapter 85) and seems to desire a future for the 3 species.
@Filamandre

I think the main conflict of the series was less about adamant being the 'one true way' and him not granting the lunarians peace and more of a conflict about what salvation should be. Considering Nirvana is achieved (in buddhism) by removing all of your earthly atttachments the how is the core conflict. The lunarians always put their problems on "other people" and therefore want others to grant them nirvana while the gems issues are always internal and the desire is to find something for themselves. Adamant wanted to grant the gems a healthy, learned life and i believe to achieve nirvana on their own (slowly losing all earthly attachments). The lunarians wanted to force adamant to pray for them without looking at ttheir own personal attachments that are keeping them from nirvana. I think that adamant and aechmea disagreed on what humans seek about salvation and the entire series is about one trying to prove the other wrong. Adamant wanted them to find nirvana on their own and move on if tthey desired while the lunarians tried to force adamant to do it for them.
So They both tried each way and for a long time the conflict continued. the attacks gave the gems earthly attachments and adamant couldnt pray otherwise all the beings would die so they were stuck (adamant couldnt even explain that to them either). So aechmea tried taking the gems to convince them to join his side and make adamant grant them nirvana but it failed due to their feelings for adamant.
Also adamant wasnt bound to obey them so they couldnt force him. Aechmea had to ensure that phos and the other gems didnt know that Shiro (the dog) and the Board game already achieved nirvana without adamant praying for them otherwise they would have little reason to work with him (especially if phos learned about how they could command adamant to tell them everytthing and adamant had to obey). It took him making phos a being adamant had to listen too and show that humanity needs him to give them salvation. Thats why adamant explained the gems origins and told them to go to the moon in ch84. He knew that phos read to him as "human" and the other gems going to tthe moon meant they chose the salvation aechmea offered. He expectted phos to come down and try to make him pray and he couldntt refuse so he let the gems go. It was unexpected for them to stay with him and he only saw that maybe them choosing to remain with him would allow them to achieve nirvana on their own or show future gems how to live to move on.

Dex-chan lover
If Phos replaces Adamant and prays for everyone, there will be nobody left to pray for Phos.

Group Leader
reading this is like doing drugs i know it's bad and will probably result in a bad ending but i cant help but doing it more

Users who are viewing this thread