Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 93 - Promise

tldr Cinna and Phos make a baby human who looks like his godfather and goes 100mph into emo teenager just like his parents wow amazing chapter đź‘Ź đź‘Ź đź‘Ź

Aggregator gang
If I recall correctly, Aechmea knew Adamant was broken and couldn't pray as expected. And apparently If he does everyone dies, or something.

Can Phos pray in his place thought??? He looks a lot like sensei now, but is it that simple? I like Phos's new look tho. He really looks like a human.

Dex-chan lover
I know that is far from the buddhist plot, but now Phos's body has at least two elements of classical alchemy: gold and mercury, don't know if the lunarian eye counts for silver but it's almost there.

Dex-chan lover
*Dramatic and emotional scene ends*

Ichikawa be like:
I've been watching tech videos lately, and it makes me want to buy a camera.

*Dramatic scene resumes*

Never change, sensei.

@Nakanowatari I dunno lol. But they have collected the 7 treasures of Buddhism so that might have something to do with it.

When Phos suddenly switched from wanting to destroy all the gems to wanting to rebuild them... really pushes in how unstable they are in this state.

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan "And apparently If he does everyone dies, or something."

This is what a lot of people seem to forget. Aechmea lied to Phos. He told him you go make Adamant pray and I will stop hunting down your friends and even rebuild those who were dusted. But that was a lie, because if Phos did succeed in making Adamant pray, not just the Lunarians, but all the gems would disappear along with them. Everyone would die.

So everything Phos has done until now has been for naught. And the saddest thing is that he still doesn't realize this.

Dex-chan lover
@Scrabbleman
I also thought of that, but first my thinking was that it would be Adamant. Phos would break him and add some pieces of him to his body.
Maybe this is still possible?

@Yatsuki
Maybe everyone but Phos gets revived? It’s the most plausible ending I can see right now.

Poor Phos. Adamant is going to die and they’re going to think they fucked up. At least Amethyst and Cairngorm are still okay.

Dex-chan lover
So Phos doesn't even recognize himself anymore? Damn, he became a monster true and true.

Being Phosphophillyte is forgetting.

Thanks for the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
he forgot the promise................................ this is the first time this manga has gotten me legit sad...

Fed-Kun's army
"Finally, a human to give me an order I can carry out." <Bliss, then Nothingness>

Unlike most things in the chapter, I think that last twist isn't something that folks have been predicting forever, but damn does it fit.

Users who are viewing this thread