Latna Saga: Survival of a Sword King

Double-page supporter
This is going to be localized officially on Tapas on Jan. 25th and it's going to be wait till free chapters. Let's support the author there guys!
https://m.tapas.io/series/latna-saga-survival-of-a-sword-king/info

There are sissy's everywhere where is Mc just change the title to survival of sissy bitches

Bruh there is no updates here anymore. Read on SK Scans, they are 13 chapters ahead

this is gold and the comedy is so troll

but the art - it is phenomenal. I haven't seen a manhwa with such beautiful backgrounds and art in a long time

@apoekblitz mangadex only deletes chapters if they are approached by the publisher like what happened with a lot of Jump stuff. but in this case chapters were never up on this site because levitan don't work with mangadex and mangadex respects every scanlation group's choice.
@ATTERODOMINATUS it's not axed it's up on levitan website or any other aggregator.

This manga is one of the better ones I've come across. Sadly it's not all here on Mangadex though. Leviathan Scans has the whole thing and they're up to chapter 152 as of 3 days ago. I would recommend reading it there once you catch up here.

Dex-chan lover
This manga isn't really that good imo. I really enjoyed the beginning but it just became a perpetually level 5 underestimation story. That just aint my style, it just gets really fucking annoying for me when a story is made of nothing but misunderstandings the whole way thru.

Dex-chan lover
This is a boring story about a buffy swordsmasn and a trap dragon and they're probably gay for eachother, but author tries to hide this fact since most isekai readers are based and only want harem of cute girls and straight relationships unless the trap is too cute and very feminine, so MC's future wife ends up being a boring looking korean girl who's a vessel of some boring goddess despite having much better candidates like a cute wyvern girl and a red haired yandere who are much more beautiful, cute and interesting than a basic and generic korean girl.

The MC is OP but ends up getting his a** handed to him by a blonde a**hole that kills his bro in the process and then I dunno about the rest because I dropped the story right after that battle and I'm not interested in coming back.

Last edited:
This is a boring story about a buffy swordsmasn and a trap dragon and they're probably gay for eachother, but author tries to hide this fact since most isekai readers are based and only want harem of cute girls and straight relationships unless the trap is too cute and very feminine, so MC's future wife ends up being a boring looking korean girl who's a vessel of some boring goddess despite having much better candidates like a cute wyvern girl and a red haired yandere who are much more beautiful, cute and interesting than a basic and generic korean girl.

The MC is OP but ends up getting his a** handed to him by a blonde a**hole that kills his bro in the process and then I dunno about the rest because I dropped the story right after that battle and I'm not interested in coming back.
Poe's law in action. Please note that if you aren't an isekai harem enjoyer, this series is definitely worth a try. It's a mature and dark fantasy story, and while it is technically isekai, it doesn't follow typical Japanese tropes of the genre.

Dex-chan lover
This isn’t dark, or mature. It’s trash after the first few chapters. The story becomes isekai trash with no gratification. There’s no real point and these side quests take forever. I didn’t get bored with this one, I got angry because my time wasted.

Excellent premise that revolves into tropes and bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
In the TBA section of Anichart, this series was desgnated to be getting an anime.
https://anilist.co/anime/163790/Igye-Geomwang-Saengjongi

I'm conflicted on this one because while I still enjoy it, there's two versions of it, the light novel & the manhwa, and I'm not sure which one they're going to follow; I've heard there was better characterization with the manhwa, but they diverged in the main plot from the light novel with who was still alive;
and then there's the style, of which I'm worried will be lost to appeal to the normies/casuals, i.e. slightly bigger than normal bishounen instead of the burly build amongst bishounen.

The only other thing I'm irritated about is the name, as they don't emphasize that it's a Korean work, and I only figured it out because I was already following the story. They need to use either the Korean name or use the already serialized name in english, though this may beore of a spat for those charged with writing the articles on releases.

Staff
Super Moderator
I'm conflicted on this one because while I still enjoy it, there's two versions of it, the light novel & the manhwa, and I'm not sure which one they're going to follow; I've heard there was better characterization with the manhwa, but they diverged in the main plot from the light novel with who was still alive;
The feedback of many novel readers was that some moments were way more impactful than they were in the novel, like the death of Barolt, since he was already dead in the novel and he was only mentioned as a detail as "some super strong guy that died" with the focus on other things. In the manhwa we actually met him.
Way better story telling. Well, as long as they keep the main plot the same.

Users who are viewing this thread